Liverpool Thread - 2023/24

cc1ac25b2da0b9ca04845da44b4a87a9.gif
The ginger pig lookie like completely unarsed looking the other way. Probably a Palace fan.

All I'll say is since I've joined this forum I've witnessed an absolute ton of posts from City fans hand wringing when you are a goal down at half time, or implying Pep has messed up his tactics and I've thought to myself 'what the hell are these guys on about, it's so obvious City will come back and win this' and I've been right because its either been a superhuman goalkeeping/defensive display (eg Brentford away) that simply cannot last 90 minutes or an obvious tactical change that Pep invariably spots and sorts at the break.

The reason I'm confident you guys will win is that Liverpool will play into your hands by trying a gung ho, high pressure, high energy approach which works against most PL teams but won't work against a high quality midfield. See how Arsenal dismantled that by playing through/around that press? Then look at your midfield, you've got sheer class there with players who have the skill and nous to get through that.

In my opinion City's biggest threat is if a team tries to play very tight with a superb defensive unit but still possesses a genuine threat up top. Liverpool have the threat up top but don't have the defensive unit to hold City to virtually no chances.

So logically, unless City shit the bed completely, you'll concede chances and maybe a goal or 2 but you'll play through their midfield and create plenty of chances yourselves and I think you'll create more chances than they do. Ideally you score 1st then you can pick them off when they inevitably throw the kitchen sink at you.

So I'm not saying this to be polite on a City forum (I want this to be a draw that's best for us) but I just can't see how City aren't going to dismantle that Dippers defensive unit. For a team that's won the treble and then the Club World Cup I'm frequently dumbfounded at how pessimistic some of your fans can be! If in doubt look at the trophy cabinet, there's a clue there!
And just as an example your FA Cup game this season, you battered them but kept wasting chances and paid for it, even in your league win you should've scored 3 or 4 in the first half but somehow it was 1-1 at the break, and this applies to pretty much every team who plays them, even bloody Sparta Prague could've scored 4 yesterday but typically shat the bed in front of goal, it's puzzling.

All I'll say is since I've joined this forum I've witnessed an absolute ton of posts from City fans hand wringing when you are a goal down at half time, or implying Pep has messed up his tactics and I've thought to myself 'what the hell are these guys on about, it's so obvious City will come back and win this' and I've been right because its either been a superhuman goalkeeping/defensive display (eg Brentford away) that simply cannot last 90 minutes or an obvious tactical change that Pep invariably spots and sorts at the break.

The reason I'm confident you guys will win is that Liverpool will play into your hands by trying a gung ho, high pressure, high energy approach which works against most PL teams but won't work against a high quality midfield. See how Arsenal dismantled that by playing through/around that press? Then look at your midfield, you've got sheer class there with players who have the skill and nous to get through that.

In my opinion City's biggest threat is if a team tries to play very tight with a superb defensive unit but still possesses a genuine threat up top. Liverpool have the threat up top but don't have the defensive unit to hold City to virtually no chances.

So logically, unless City shit the bed completely, you'll concede chances and maybe a goal or 2 but you'll play through their midfield and create plenty of chances yourselves and I think you'll create more chances than they do. Ideally you score 1st then you can pick them off when they inevitably throw the kitchen sink at you.

So I'm not saying this to be polite on a City forum (I want this to be a draw that's best for us) but I just can't see how City aren't going to dismantle that Dippers defensive unit. For a team that's won the treble and then the Club World Cup I'm frequently dumbfounded at how pessimistic some of your fans can be! If in doubt look at the trophy cabinet, there's a clue there!

Our biggest threat is if we play the high line and are not switched on 100%

Liverpool will try and start fast, no doubt. We have to control the game but be tactically switched on to what your game plan and klopps plan will be....nick the ball break quick and fast

One title in 35 years and let's not forget the fkin huge leg up the PL gave them to ensure they got over the line ..

On that stat alone, Bingo absolutely shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as Pep.

Since he pitched up in England, Bingo has been totally out managed and schooled to such a degree that he's decided to chuck the towel in and is fcuking off at the end of the season, a beaten man, a beaten man that has aged considerably in his time in charge of the dippers..!

Any dippers on here, just a reminder, we're responsible for the deep lines on his face, his sunken eyes and his defeated demeanor ..

Regarding Trent Darby's piss poor comments, it must be pointed out that the dippers will never experience the elation we City fans have experienced over the past decade even if they played for another 100 seasons..

Trent Darby can polish his league cup winners medal all he wants and think it means more but in the real world he has just re-confirmed to one and all what a complete knob he actually is..!

PL Winners..

Blackburn
Leicester
Dippers

It means more according to their shit right back..

Of course it fkin does..!

Remember, their real rivals are United. So everything you’ve read, and will hear at Anfield on Sunday is just for show until they play United again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.