Liverpool Thread - 2023/24

It's an absolute sithole of a ground. I was almost physically attacked by grown rabid scousers when I went and we had the cheek to beat them 3-1 in 1981. Bearing in mind I was 20 at the time, they were feral then and it's only got worse with social media. I loathe the club and that ground.

Yet I get grief when I say I dont support England. How can I cheer on England when this knobhead bad mouths our club and fan base ?. To me its impossible to support taa and England. City will always be first.
I don't really care much about England even when they progress deep in a tournament. If our lads are playing then I want them to do well but if the likes of Rashford, TAA etc. mess up then I find it very entertaining and enjoy their pain.

It has not always been this way - in the late 80s and 90s I was really supportive of England even if rags were in the team.

I guess this is a symptom of our success but also of the excessive coverage of everything football related that we have now.

Just lifted this photo and caption from The Morning Star website.

View attachment 109662
How can they say that all the deaths at Hillsborough were due to police action? We know that is not the truth, Liverpool fans had a big part to play in that as well as the police. The trouble is that only the police have accepted their part in the tragedy, Liverpool and their fans will never accept that.

Also they have never accepted any liability for the 39 killed at Heysel despite 14 fans convicted for manslaughter. They got 3 year sentences but served less than 12 months.
JFT 39 appropriates this to the deaths of the 39 people who died in the 1985 Heysel Stadium disaster in Italy
This extract is straying conspicuously into ‘wall collapsing’ territory. They were unlawfully killed. That is factually and legally undeniable. The sentence goes on to refer to the manslaughter convictions so that extract, whilst not strictly false, is intellectually dishonest and therefore intentionally worded as such. No other explanation for such clumsy language.

I don't really care much about England even when they progress deep in a tournament. If our lads are playing then I want them to do well but if the likes of Rashford, TAA etc. mess up then I find it very entertaining and enjoy their pain.

It has not always been this way - in the late 80s and 90s I was really supportive of England even if rags were in the team.

I guess this is a symptom of our success but also of the excessive coverage of everything football related that we have now.
I'm similar. I used to follow England quite a bit home and away from about 2002 until 2007ish.

Some of the most loathsome players from both Utd and Liverpool we're our biggest players. Rio, Rooney and Gerrard with only really SWP or once Joey Barton being City players that I could get behind with added pride.

Once we started to qualify for Europe regularly, I stopped following England as it was too expensive, so City took priority. The more successful we've become and the more hatred that seems to have been generated I've found myself becoming more and more detached from anything other than City from a football perspective. I couldn't imagine spending my time and money trapsing down to Wembley to potentially have to listen to some cockney rags talk shite about City.

On the flip side however, watching Johnny Stones, Kyle, Jack, Rico and Foden in an England shirt does still make me smile with pride.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.