Liverpool Thread - 2023/24

We have no real history with Galtasary and if we'd been playing them in the final I doubt it would have been so friendly.

I saw the footage from Paris. Most scousers were orderly and kept calm, especially those trapped in that narrow ticket check area. Some reacted when as soon as there was a problem checking tickets they started getting gassed, charged and battoned. As they wouldn't let any fucker in at one point I couldn't blame them running in without a ticket check the first chance they got

Are Liverpool fans on the whole wankers? Yes. They have a chip on their shoulder, like to get something for nothing and take pride in jibbing on trains and into football games. That doesn't mean the shitshow they were subjected to in Paris was their fault as this time it wasn't.

Now yourself and others saying it was can stop quoting me on the subject. I think I've made myself perfectly clear on it. Don't let your bias and hatred ( Not without some justification) regarding the scousers cloud your judgment on what actually happened in Paris. It makes our fans come across as thick as the morons who slag us off.
To a point , I agree
But ask yourself "why were the extra ticket checks put in place?"

And at the start of the game the commentary spoke of how "full" the Liverpool sections were and a "fabulous sea of red", yet apparently half the supporters with genuine tickets were still outside

That’s the worst Scouse accent ever.

Liverpool’s match going fan base isn’t mainly Scouse. It’s Irish, Welsh, Norwegian, Cockney, Southern, and any other UK region or country you can throw into the mix.
Remember Covid and the games behind closed doors

Remember when they started letting a few fans back in. In Liverpool we were told it was to be random draws for season ticket holders who lived within the Liverpool postcode. Over 25,000 Everton fans were entitled to apply, I think them lot had 6 thousand that could go in their own draw. Tells its own story does that.

I managed to get into the ground two hours before kick off last June. What happened in Paris in 2022, there was not a chance I was missing any of the game in Istanbul because of any potential fuck ups by Uefa so made the decision to go earlier.

Instead what we faced were long lines for getting anything as much as a drink of water for stupid prices. Then the ultimate shit show of being crammed in stood up on a bus going nowhere for four hours. Whoever gets to the final this year will have lucked out it being at Wembley rather than a stadium in the middle of nowhere with awful methods to transport fans to and from the venue.

I know, I was there.

UEFA‘s Handing of the whole game was a shambles, bar actually getting to and back from the ground via tube and train, which took an hour, but it went smoothly and was very well organised along the route. I wish I’d gone back into the city centre that way, instead like a dick I opted to get a bus back. The rest is CL history.

I’m on about the different behaviour of City fans and Liverpool fans in and around the grounds.

Last edited:

Remember when they started letting a few fans back in. In Liverpool we were told it was to be random draws for season ticket holders who lived within the Liverpool postcode. Over 25,000 Everton fans were entitled to apply, I think them lot had 6 thousand that could go in their own draw. Tells its own story does that.

We all know about their fan base. You only have to go on to X to see where a large percentage of their fans are (posting) from, especially Ireland. Included in that is the fat, bald, dickhead with his Liverpool YouTube channel. He sums up their support perfectly.

I was in the Arkle before the Liverpool v City match. It was full of Irish, Scandinavians, tourists and day trippers. There were only a few proper Scousers in there.

Everton have always been the Liverpool club, just like City have always been the Manchester club.

Last edited:
Long queues to get into the ground due to additional ticket security checks, but the queuing was orderly, there was nobody trying to jib in without tickets, and there was no trouble at all. Contrast and compare that to the Scousers and the way they behaved in Athens, Istanbul, Basel and Paris.

1.jpg

4.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

1. UEFA fucked up by offering LFC digital tickets or paper tickets. UEFA should have told Liverpool it was digital tickets only. Real Madrid asked for and got digital tickets. Apparently there were no incidents at their end of the ground. The Real Madrid fans were in their seats on time, before the match started, and watching the pre-match spectacle.
2. LFC fucked up on purpose by requesting paper tickets. Why? There was no reason to request paper tickets instead of digital tickets.
3. After the trouble there was little or no mention in the English sports and national news media of all the fake tickets being touted and sold on social media and in Paris, even though the evidence was free and accessible. Scouse washed!

Dublin.

I take it it’s only digital tickets? Let’s see what happens if Liverpool get to Dublin and Liverpool fans can only gain entry into the ground with digital tickets. No fake tickets. No jibbing in. No rushing the turnstiles. Etc.

As regards Istanbul. My digital ticket for the CL final was checked on 2, maybe on 3 separate occasions on route to the stadium. 2 times at 2 different tube stations, and 1 time at a train station. Before entering the ground my digital ticket was checked 2 times. 5 times in total.

I took pictures of the queues outside the ground which were long. No trouble. Everyone standing in line patiently, if a little frustrated. I’ll post the pictures tomorrow.
I understand that the organisation around the stadium in Paris wasn't good and led to most of the problems that night. I understand that local youths trying to blag into the stadium added to the problems around the stadium that night.

I don't understand the idea that Liverpool fans were completely blameless.

We all saw Jurgen Klopp on live TV rallying all fans of Liverpool to get to Paris as there was room for all of them.
We all know that Liverpool Football Club asked for paper tickets rather than digital for no apparent reason.
We all saw huge stacks of fake tickets pictured on Twitter.
We all saw countless examples of Liverpool fans trying to shift fake tickets on numerous social media platforms.
We all saw Liverpool fans climbing barriers at the stadium to gain free entry.
We all saw Liverpool fans who had genuine tickets being denied entry as the QR code on their ticket had already been used.
We all saw Andy Robertson say that his family members were denied access as the QR code on their ticket had already been used.
We all saw Liverpool fans pictured in the ground on social media boasting that they had blagged in.
We all saw the Liverpool end seemingly filled beyond it's capacity despite many being outside who had genuine tickets.

It was boringly predictable that there would be problems at the ground once it was known that Liverpool were playing in the final. The French authorities would've known this and would've been wise to put extra check points in place. They did, and it led to chaos. The organisation was poor and some of the treatment of Liverpool fans by the French police was disgusting. To suggest that the situation wasn't made much worse by Liverpool fans though would be ridiculous. Even one single Liverpool fan trying to gain entry either over a barrier or with a fake ticket made the situation worse than it would've been had they not. The fact that many Liverpool fans did this, means the situation was much worse than it would've otherwise been.

I read something a couple of years ago that dipperpool have approx 5,800 season ticket holders in the Liverpool postcode area...

To a point , I agree
But ask yourself "why were the extra ticket checks put in place?"

And at the start of the game the commentary spoke of how "full" the Liverpool sections were and a "fabulous sea of red", yet apparently half the supporters with genuine tickets were still outside
Have you ever noticed at Wembley how the lower tier behind the net is always fuller than the other end. When we played them in the semi we were constantly told not to stand in the aisles and keep them clear. When I pointed out to a steward that you couldn't see an aisle in the opposite end he said it was always the same when they came to Wembley. Everyone knows they will jib into Wembley either with or without fake tickets but nobody dares to call them out. Of all the clubs that should know about the dangers of overcrowding and it's not just in the stands but underneath and outside it should be them yet every season there are problems with them and overcrowding. They don't give a shit as they know nobody will even dare to consider the possibility that is what they have done. They, the club and their media pals that give them a free ride are to blame.

Long queues to get into the ground d

I managed to get into the ground two hours before kick off last June. What happened in Paris in 2022, there was not a chance I was missing any of the game in Istanbul because of any potential fuck ups by Uefa so made the decision to go earlier.

Instead what we faced were long lines for getting anything as much as a drink of water for stupid prices. Then the ultimate shit show of being crammed in stood up on a bus going nowhere for four hours. Whoever gets to the final this year will have lucked out it being at Wembley rather than a stadium in the middle of nowhere with awful methods to transport fans to and from the venue.

Yeah wembley should be good, and the year after it's in Munich which should be great the German infrastructure getting to grounds is 2nd to none. Hopefully we will get to both.

Loads of fans travel to European finals without tickets just to go to fan parks, sample the atmosphere and hopefully get a spare ticket. It's always happened, I'm sure our fans did the same in Istanbul. They would have done so in Portugal but covid restrictions were in place.
True but we don’t abuse the local population, beat them up and push them in fountains.. We don’t travel with thousands of fake tickets or steal from our own fans.. I could go on but I think I’ve painted the picture .. Whenever there is skullduggery afoot, these cunts are first in the queue ..

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.