Living situation advice

oman0115

Good morning Mooners! My housemate has gone and fallen in love with someone, like to sickening levels. There is an additional catch, she lives 2000 miles away, and isn't qualified to live where we do, she told him she loved him after about 5 days and wants to plan the future with him, he is googo gagga and has been talking about marriage, after one month. I am seriously suspicious about her! Anyway, apparently she can be here for 90 out of 180 days, and it sounds like that is her game plan. He wants her to move into our place. He is a good mate, but I am not ok with this at all, she is annoying as hell and has imo a massive agenda. How would you handle it?

I'd be honest and say you don't want to be a third wheel in your own flat. It's not like they live together now and have asked you to move in with them. Just say living with a couple is a different dynamic and you don't want to. If they decide to get their own place, that's up to them.

When I shared a flat with one of my mates he started seeing this girl. She had her own place, but fell out with her flatmates and used to spend most nights round at ours. Our lease was coming to an end so I couldn't be arsed rocking the boat by saying how much it pissed me off, but it did. Not to mention she didn't contribute anything towards bills and I used to have to get up early just to avoid her hogging the bathroom in the mornings. If it had gone on much longer I would have said something, I did try and make some not so subtle hints but people can be pretty self absorbed when it's comes to stuff like this. Do what's best for you, you'll regret it otherwise.

The joys of housesharing. If it is going to seriously affect you I think you should speak to your mate and explain your feelings, you may end up falling out but you shouldnt be on eggshells in your own home.
Who is named on the lease if rented and does it say anything about others moving in? If so try telling your mate only 2 ppl allowed to live there.

This is a classic foreign girl needs passport situation. If she comes over here she will refuse to leave. Within 12 months you will be seen in the news as the Border Force smash your door in, arrest you and then you'll be banged upon in pokey for harbouring an illegal and Big Dave will be rogering you rotten in the shower.

This is a classic foreign girl needs passport situation. If she comes over here she will refuse to leave. Within 12 months you will be seen in the news as the Border Force smash your door in, arrest you and then you'll be banged upon in pokey for harbouring an illegal and Big Dave will be rogering you rotten in the shower.
Big Dave you say :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.