Liz Truss Resigns as PM

Truss. A halfwit mouse of a statesman who now holds
all our immediate futures in her claws having been given the keys to the kingdom by the mighty effort of garnering 80,000 of 140,000 Tory party member votes.
She has no electoral mandate and no evidence that her chosen solutions will work. I’m not surprised some Tory MPs are shit scared and have begun to agitate. These MPs probably voted for Sunak. She will sink the Tory party and more worryingly the country.
How the fuck have we come to this position? I’m baffled.

all our immediate futures in her claws having been given the keys to the kingdom by the mighty effort of garnering 80,000 of 140,000 Tory party member votes.
She has no electoral mandate and no evidence that her chosen solutions will work. I’m not surprised some Tory MPs are shit scared and have begun to agitate. These MPs probably voted for Sunak. She will sink the Tory party and more worryingly the country.
To the Brexit thread!

Because ........Conservatives

The pie is never equally distributed irrespective of the system. Capitalism means a bigger pie but there has to be a degree of equal distribution for it to be sustainable.

Our mistake is implementing policies that mean we have a smaller pie. The budget or whatever you call it, do not change that. Since we cannot, or will not, change the policies that mean a smaller pie, we are now reduced to betting the house on zero and praying it comes up, hence the immediate market reaction.
Frankly, I think the politicians in the West are horribly incompetent and we risk ending up with worst of both worlds - small, shrinking pie with much of the population ending up with just crumbs.
And I might be ignorant of UK politics as I immigrated here , but the last two decades imho doesn't suggest much difference between Labour or Tories. Both awful, and fixated on ideological issues that doesn't help the small guy, businesses or the economy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.