Liz Truss

Makes me wonder if the hapless vile Truss is just a place holder for a return of that twat Johnson. Whereas Truss is an ideologue , Johnson is a crook. Whereas Truss will flounder into an electoral annihilation, Johnson will go full Trump and do anything to stay in power.

Brexit hurt this country immensely but it also radically changed the face of the tories. The modern, centralist element was replaced by traditional out of date hardliners. Ironically Corbyn was labelled a dinasour yet it’s the tories taking us back to the 1980s.
It has also created an enormous amount of instability at top level government.
If we voted to remain, I wonder rif Cameron would still be prime minister?
Surely that would have been better than lurching from one to another when the tories get fed up with the new person in charge.
A remain vote would almost definitely have meant Boris didn't get in at any point.

Tory MPs are a disparate bunch at the moment, unusually so, but the one thing that will unite them is their survival instinct. The polls will continue to point to a wipeout in the next election - there are very few safe seats given the current numbers - and they’ll kick her out before the end the year.
Agreed the key is to get the Labour vote out they are the people who for many valid reasons don’t vote. But the future welfare systems are almost lost to privatisation
State pension...means tested
That’s likely with this right wing party, raise the pension age some more then force people into private plan or nothing

I just checked that site £181 a week £141 a week if your born before 1951, retirement age has gone up so youngsters now will work until they drop down dead. You don’t get that much if you don’t have the qualify years at least 10

Surely that would have been better than lurching from one to another when the tories get fed up with the new person in charge.
A remain vote would almost definitely have meant Boris didn't get in at any point.

Remain would have meant many many better things. Stronger pound, lower inflation, less inequality. And yes I think you’re right. Cameron and the central axis of the tories would probably have cemented power and that would be better for the country regardless of your political leaning

If remain was going to win Johnson would have been a remainer. Might have been a complete **** but he was fucking shrewd.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.