Liz Truss

Don’t go down the name calling route. It shows how woefully out of your depth you really are.
I'm not. I just regard people that proudly laugh about babies dying , as "absolute scum". Calling you a fruitloop is fair comment.

Ask someone to tell you how badly he did in two general elections and why he won’t be a Labour MP after the next one.

Irrelevant. He didn't seize control of anything. He barely had control for most of his leadership. After the chicken coup where he was cynically blamed for Brexit, his vote share and total number of votes increased. It's the exact opposite of a seizure of power.

He won popular support within the party by offering a sincere alternative to austerity.

I've already criticised his methods and lack of ability to engage with journalists. E.g. in comparison to Boris insisting door-stepping journalists have a cup of tea.

It's not a personality love-in. John Mac would have been a better leader, but already had a go against Brown and said silly comments about Thatcher and the IRA.

Wasn’t that how Corbyn seized control of Labour? Through the unions.

I suspect Sunak was seen as the resignation that brought Boris down so his supporters went for Truss instead.
Do you mean the Trade Unions that founded and funded the Labour Party before it was hijacked by the right wing b.liarites?
And yes, I would much prefer a party to be funded by ordinary workers paying a couple of quid a week than offshore tax avoiders "investing" a few hundred thousand

Do you mean the Trade Unions that founded and funded the Labour Party before it was hijacked by the right wing b.liarites?
And yes, I would much prefer a party to be funded by ordinary workers paying a couple of quid a week than offshore tax avoiders "investing" a few hundred thousand
Pesky working class trying to hijack the labour party.

Wasn’t that how Corbyn seized control of Labour? Through the unions.

I suspect Sunak was seen as the resignation that brought Boris down so his supporters went for Truss instead.
Corbyn did not "Seize control through the unions"

Frank Field (Blarite) nominated him for a laugh and the membership voted him in because he was more in tune with what they wanted over the neo liberal agenda of other candidates.

Corbyn did not "Seize control through the unions"

Frank Field (Blarite) nominated him for a laugh and the membership voted him in because he was more in tune with what they wanted over the neo liberal agenda of other candidates.
The "membership" included those who were allowed to pay a few quid to vote in the leadership election. Big mistake, self-sponsored entryism.

It's a bit shit isn't it? Whinging about whether a flag is the right way up or not. We have had flag shagging ice and now this.

Sometimes the politics on this forum is beyond parody ;)
When politicians use imagery such as the national flag, it’s nearly always to try and demonstrate how über-patriotic they are.

And if they have said flag upside down, it’s worthy of our (and their) attention. Shows them up for their facile, inept, superficial, bullshit ways.

When politicians use imagery such as the national flag, it’s nearly always to try and demonstrate how über-patriotic they are.

And if they have said flag upside down, it’s worthy of our (and their) attention. Shows them up for their facile, inept, superficial, bullshit ways.

A British flag used in British politics by a British political party?

Hell it's not even a political party being represented here, it's a picture of two people that make certain people to have unnatural thoughts.

Argue the policies not some stupid table setting gone wrong, I mentioned the bag of ice that had a British flag on it that triggered someone to a degree of frothing.

Just because we have stupid politicians we don't have to play "Gotcha" by taking apart everything they do, we need to analyse what they are saying instead of acting like children who are upset by what they do.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.