Ljajic beaten up by his coach....

how are you supposed to react though? its a very tough situation. Its pretty much giving a wanker sign or the v's behind you.

I can understand Rossi a little better if Ljajic really made a comment about his son, but still, violence is never justified, even less so when the initial provocation isn't physical in nature, just some very ill-chosen words.

Stroszek said:
I can understand Rossi a little better if Ljajic really made a comment about his son, but still, violence is never justified, even less so when the initial provocation isn't physical in nature, just some very ill-chosen words.

Does your wife shave her armpits?

... and deservedly so, I'd have hit him to if I was the manager and he showed me that much disrespect.

and is now dropped from the Serbian squad due to his reluctance so sing the national anthem.

I am severly divided on the issue. If you chose to represent a country then why do you chose not to sing the anthem?? How can you be anti-anthem but pro country?? However nobody should be forced to sing the anthem either.

Ibrahimovic never sang the swedish anthem, cammoronesi never sang the italian one, i'm sure half the french team don't even speak french let alone sing the anthem but they're ok to play there.

I personally believe that when it come to playing for the NT the players should play out of love and respect for the country and not just to bolster their image in front of scouts from all over the world.

i've looked into the issue a bit more, and people say that Ljaic is a muslim and he can't sing the serbian anthem. It's not a christian anthem (or is it??), it's a serbian one and represents the serbian people, and last I checked ljaic is a serbian. religion has nothing to do with it (or once again does it??)

while I somewhat agree with the decision to drop him from the squad if he won't show loyalty to the squad and country he plays for I still can't help but feel that this is very discriminatory.

Please chime in and help me decide how I should feel about all this.

labatt_blue said:
and is now dropped from the Serbian squad due to his reluctance so sing the national anthem.

I am severly divided on the issue. If you chose to represent a country then why do you chose not to sing the anthem?? How can you be anti-anthem but pro country?? However nobody should be forced to sing the anthem either.

Ibrahimovic never sang the swedish anthem, cammoronesi never sang the italian one, i'm sure half the french team don't even speak french let alone sing the anthem but they're ok to play there.

I personally believe that when it come to playing for the NT the players should play out of love and respect for the country and not just to bolster their image in front of scouts from all over the world.

i've looked into the issue a bit more, and people say that Ljaic is a muslim and he can't sing the serbian anthem. It's not a christian anthem (or is it??), it's a serbian one and represents the serbian people, and last I checked ljaic is a serbian. religion has nothing to do with it (or once again does it??)

while I somewhat agree with the decision to drop him from the squad if he won't show loyalty to the squad and country he plays for I still can't help but feel that this is very discriminatory.

God of Justice; Thou who saved us
when in deepest bondage cast,
Hear Thy Serbian children’s voices,
Be our help as in the past.
With Thy mighty hand sustain us,
Still our rugged pathway trace;
God, our hope; protect and cherish
Serbian crown and Serbian race!

Bind in closest links our kindred
Teach the love that will not fail,
May the loathed fiend of discord
Never in our ranks prevail.
Let the golden fruits of union
Our young tree of freedom grace;
God, our Master! guide and prosper
Serbian crown and Serbian race.

Lord! Avert from us Thy vengeance,
Thunder of Thy dreaded ire;
Bless each Serbian town and hamlet,
Mountain, meadow, heart and spire.
When our host goes forth to battle
Death or victory to embrace-
God of armies! be our leader
Strengthen then the Serbian race.

On our sepulchre of ages
Breaks the resurrection morn,
From the slough of direst slavery
Serbia anew is born.
Through five hundred years of durance
We have knelt before Thy face,
All our kin, O God! deliver,
Thus entreats the Serbian race.

source: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.lyricsondemand.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.lyricsondemand.com/</a>

It uses term God quite often, however it is used in a general way, not to discriminate other religions.

labatt_blue said:

Ljajic is not serbian, he is part off a minority gropup called Bosniaks. Bosniaks are muslim, Serbs are Christian Orthodox. The Anthem (it does exclude all non serbs,and is really religious) brougt by an nationalisti regim a couple years back hasn't been acccepted by any of the minority groups like Bosniaks,Croats(we have a few) albanians,Hungarians etc... So actually it is really fucked up. I'm serbian,an atheist i hate the Anthem and would never sing it.

Sorry for the english...

labatt_blue said:

That is one very ignorant, and stupid statement.

The only thing that should matter is what they do on the pitch.

Unknown_Genius said:
labatt_blue said:

Well if they are playing for the national team it matters what country they are from aswel as what they do on the pitch ;)

Colliahhh said:
Unknown_Genius said:
labatt_blue said:

Well if they are playing for the national team it matters what country they are from aswel as what they do on the pitch ;)

Yeah, but everywhere has famous imports. Even Hitler was an import, bet he didn't know all the words to Das Lied der Deutschen, and it did him no harm at all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.