Llorente should have been signed instead of RSC.

Bigga said:
bluemoon1078 said:
Bigga said:
kippax casual said:
I can't remember a manager for us who has made as many consistently good signings as Hughes.

This is one the most loathed points for me!

What past manager (with the exception of AB) couldn't have made "consistently good signings as Hughes" with the allowed budget he has??!

Really fickle and stupid point, Kippax!

Once again your anti hughes bullshit knows no bounds!

Big money guarantees good signings........absolute tripe:
Veron,
Schevchenko,
Rebrov,
Alves,
Kezman,
Etc etc.

Many so called big name managers have spent big money on bad signings, MH's record is excellent (except TBH obviously) thus far.

Live with it, get over it and give credit where it is due!!

Have you managed to get my tiny c*ck out of your mouth? Cos i'm a big man you know, i just pretend to be up myself!

Gstar was correct in what I meant because he read the WHOLE of my SHORT post!!

Kippax talks about 'good buys', but that's always going to be RELATIVE according to the budget! And the RELATIVE part changes according to the yearly worth of players in that year!!

This is WHY I loathe this point that was raised by the OP.

Woah Woah CALM DOWN.

If you read the OP i didn't state Hughes had poor judgement in GENERAL, in fact believe it or not i think his signings thus far have been very good.

I merely suggested a player which i felt may have been a better option than RSC and again believe it or not i think we have an excellent striker in RSC provided he stays fit.

I think Hughes may well be a city legend as i have a feeling we will get a bit of silverware next season. The future is blue.

kippax casual said:
Bigga has Hughes bought well in the transfer market yes or no?

Did Keegan buy well? Sven? Pearce? Yes Hughes has had more to spend but he has spent it wisely unlike others Keegan wasted nigh on 16 million on Fowler Macken and Vuoso alone. Sven 9 million on Bianchi and 6 million on Benjani in my reckoning he also bought Jo which was a hell of a lot of money. Thats why I said that Hughes is the best manager I have seen in the transfer market as he hasn't (yet) bought any out and out duffers except Ben Haim.

Mate, I'm not saying he hasn't 'bought well'! I'm saying it's all relative! I think Sven bought very well considering he bought half a team for £40m, utilised what he had at the club and STILL finished above where we did, this season!!

So do YOU think Sven bought well, then?

Pearce had to juggle things, using the kids, new into the kind of pressure of Prem brings and did well to keep us up with the money he had. Relative to the money he had, to use!

This is what I mean. It's stupid to keep comparing budgets, monetary value of players and quality available for that money.

It's a dead argument and point, Kippax.

Sorry, but it's true.

citizens_1976 said:
Stop fucking moaning. I am sick of tired of City fans still moaning. We had a right to moan when we had Lee Bradbury and Robert Taylor leading our line but RSC signs and you moan. I am really excited for the future of City but all you idiots can do is pull apart Mark Hughes and his signings giving ammunition for the media to fire at us. I hate the new breed of City fans, glory hunting, unintelligent prats.
Llorente better than RSC? What off one game from last night. He plays for Villarreal? No he doesn't, he plays for Atletico Bilbao and RSC is a much better striker at this present time anyway. But you want us to sign him, soo then you can rip him apart like you did with Jo. It's an absolute disgrace, it really is. I am sure half of the fans on here used to be RAGS!

We are very lucky, we have great owners, a steady manager who is working on improving the squad, and unlimited amounts of cash to spend. Hughes has bought very well, yet people complain about him day after day. You don't like the manager, or the club, Fuck Off, because Bluemoon would be a much better place. Get behind the manager, get behind the players, and support them like the proper loyal and true blues were back in the old division 2.

Well this gets my vote for post of the night. I'm willing to guess that the majority of the people that have been on here spitting their dummies out because we have signed RCS, have never actually seen the guy play! If they had, they'd know he was class.

For the last time the Lorrente that plays for spain is Fernando Torres LLorente who plays for the basque side athletic bilbao not to be confused with Joseba Lorrente from Villareal. Fernando is a hot prospect in spain rite now with the likes of barca, real madrid and Sevilla after him. Although i think he will commit to athletic bilbao because he is proud to be basque and play for bilbao as they only field basque players. They are a very young team and in europe next season although he would look good in a blue shirt!!Aupa Atletic/City!!!

BM 1078, you really have nothing to say when you've realised what a d*ck you look, trying to make out my post was anti-Hughes! He's still the manager and I accept that. Whether i like him or not, I have no choice but to give him a chance cos my voice will not oust him!

If he learns from his stupidity last year, fair do's, but he's on thin ice and knows it.

His fate will make its own course according to how happy ADUG are, not me.

Nuff said.

Bigga said:
BM 1078, you really have nothing to say when you've realised what a d*ck you look, trying to make out my post was anti-Hughes! He's still the manager and I accept that. Whether i like him or not, I have no choice but to give him a chance cos my voice will not oust him!

If he learns from his stupidity last year, fair do's, but he's on thin ice and knows it.

Nuff said.

The fact that i miss read your post does not in any way warrant the response!!!!!!!!!! We all make mistakes Bigga and i'm man enough to say i got it partially wrong.

I still disagree and the point about his transfers still stands either way.

Nuff said

Bigga said:
kippax casual said:

Did Keegan buy well? Sven? Pearce? Yes Hughes has had more to spend but he has spent it wisely unlike others Keegan wasted nigh on 16 million on Fowler Macken and Vuoso alone. Sven 9 million on Bianchi and 6 million on Benjani in my reckoning he also bought Jo which was a hell of a lot of money. Thats why I said that Hughes is the best manager I have seen in the transfer market as he hasn't (yet) bought any out and out duffers except Ben Haim.

Mate, I'm not saying he hasn't 'bought well'! I'm saying it's all relative! I think Sven bought very well considering he bought half a team for £40m, utilised what he had at the club and STILL finished above where we did, this season!!

Pearce had to juggle things, using the kids, new into the kind of pressure of Prem brings and did well to keep us up with the money he had. Relative to the money he had, to use!

This is what I mean. It's stupid to keep comparing budgets, monetary value of players and quality available for that money.

Sorry, but it's true.

We will agree to disagree but in my opinion Hughes has been as shrewd in the transfer market as any city manager I can remember in the past. My argument wasn't about money to start with it was the fact that he has picked good players up in areas of the pitch we needed them in. Our managers in the past haven't done that so kudos to Hughes.

bluemoon1078 said:
Bigga said:

Nuff said.

The fact that i miss read your post does not in any way warrant the response!!!!!!!!!! We all make mistakes Bigga and i'm man enough to say i got it partially wrong.

I still disagree and the point about his transfers still stands either way.

Nuff said

Whatever.

I PARTIALLY accept the lame apology...

Bigga said:
kippax casual said:

Sorry, but it's true.

Sven was very average in the transfer market at best. He put together a rushed side which hit the ground running and had a great first THIRD of the season. However when the dust settled and you look at the entire last 2 thirds of that season the squad's performance was on a par with the year before which everyone on here would agree was a shocker! He did an ok job with the limited time he was given but he's always been a bit wishy washy with his decisions and half of his buys were poor. Hughes is a great manager by all acounts, understands the Premiership very well and appears to have a clear vision of where the club is headed and how best to achieve that growth.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.