Llorente

Makes no sense to me. Would cost almost 30M and is older than Dzeko.

This is one player I really wouldn't be too excited about coming to City. He's a second rate Dzeko, at best.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/905401-fernando-llorente-targeted-by-manchester-city-after-contract-dispute#ixzz20tTR4z00" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/9 ... z20tTR4z00</a>

Fernando Llorente targeted by Manchester City after contract dispute
Manchester City have been alerted to the availability of Athletic Bilbao striker Fernando Llorente after he failed to agree a new contract the club.

The six-foot-five-inch powerhouse is considered one of the best marksmen in Europe, having scored 90 goals in 236 matches during a seven-year spell at Bilbao.

A member of the Spain squad that won the last two European Championships and the World Cup, Llorente has grown frustrated at club level after three runners-up medals, in the Spanish Cup, Super Cup and Europa League.

The La Liga outfit are a team on the up, however, having beaten Manchester United en route to the Europa League final last term, and are now hopeful of signing up their best players to long-term contracts.

A deal for Llorente, whose current contract expires next summer, has proved difficult after he rejected their three-year extension which included a £20,000-a-week pay rise.

Llorente currently earns around £40,000-a-week, and while the club's new package would see him take home £60,000-a-week he has told Bilbao to aim closer to £80,000.

The news has opened the door for a move to Manchester City, who are on the lookout for a new striker this summer, and consider Llorente and Arsenal captain Robin van Persie as their top targets.

Bilbao are unlikely to do business without a fight, but an offer of around £17million should be enough to prise the 27-year-old away from the Basque country.

City manager Roberto Mancini will clear space for the arrival of a new striker by selling Emmanuel Adebayor and sending teenager John Guidetti out on loan.

not worth it and in no way a upgrade to anyone we have now , we may sign him if we need a 5th striker now

Football guy said:
not worth it and in no way a upgrade to anyone we have now , we may sign him if we need a 5th striker now

Probably an upgrade on RSC but hardly a recommendation. I just don't think he'd be right for us.

nmc said:
Football guy said:

Probably an upgrade on RSC but hardly a recommendation. I just don't think he'd be right for us.

I won't pay £17m for an upgrade on RSC , and yeah , we just don't need him

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.