Loan Rangers

Mike D

Instead of trying to loan out the likes of Bojinov who will be no doubt be bounced back once he gets injured . For the life of me I can't understand why we have to hang onto Jo, Caciedo, and Bojinov just in case they might come good. You can only have so many strikers on your books before it starts impeding on the youth trying to come through, why not just get rid and have done with it

Mike D said:
Instead of trying to loan out the likes of Bojinov who will be no doubt be bounced back once he gets injured . For the life of me I can't understand why we have to hang onto Jo, Caciedo, and Bojinov just in case they might come good. You can only have so many strikers on your books before it starts impeding on the youth trying to come through, why not just get rid and have done with it

Fair point but, I personally think with the ages of Caciedo and Jo there is a good chance that they will come good.

In the case of Jo. He is a young lad still and at present we would get nowhere near the 19m we paid out for him if we were to sell him. We are not in need of some quick cash that selling him for 5-6million would generate so why not hang on to him. Makes bad business sense to loose 10-12 million on a player and the press would have a field day with us.

Who says we will have some youth talent to the level of hopefully a top 4 club coming through. If you are good enough you will make it.

petejackson83 said:
Mike D said:

Fair point but, I personally think with the ages of Caciedo and Jo there is a good chance that they will come good.

In the case of Jo. He is a young lad still and at present we would get nowhere near the 19m we paid out for him if we were to sell him. We are not in need of some quick cash that selling him for 5-6million would generate so why not hang on to him. Makes bad business sense to loose 10-12 million on a player and the press would have a field day with us.

Who says we will have some youth talent to the level of hopefully a top 4 club coming through. If you are good enough you will make it.

I to agree on the Caciedo and Jo but personally Boj should either be sold now or kept at the club to see if he can make it

We don't have time to bring the Boj back to full fitness.

I expect the loan to Parma may have an agreed transfer fee attached anyway.

Mike D said:

I think some of it is down to wages.
I heard that we are still paying a third of Jo's wages so either we will not be able to sell or he would need to take a pay cut which will not happen. Alternatively take an even bigger hit on transfer to part fun the contrac he gets.
If you buy an expensive flop they are buggers to get rid of......

C_T_I_D said:
I expected this to be about loaning players to Rangers...

They can't afford to put out a team in the Reserve league this season so highly unlikely they'd be taking anyone on loan! I don't think City would accept payment with used lemonade and cola bottles.......with or without lids for any of their fringe players!!

CelticBhoyCityBlue said:
C_T_I_D said:
I expected this to be about loaning players to Rangers...
They can't afford to put out a team in the Reserve league this season so highly unlikely they'd be taking anyone on loan! I don't think City would accept payment with used lemonade and cola bottles.......with or without lids for any of their fringe players!!

still the double champions celtic BOY!

Mike D said:

I think what you'll find is that City are more likely to keep hold of these young forwards incase the youth doesn't produce anything that is better.

I know Nimley and Mak are coming through, but will they be better than the 3 you've mentioned? Maybe, maybe not. Time will tell and if they the 2 i mentioned are, then you'll probably see 2 of the 3 leave.

You cant put all of your eggs in the one basket.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.