Local beers

ROBL250

Ive been watching the new series of "Oz and James Drink to Britain" and it got me wondering, do Tesco and the like stock up on local made Beers? Ive seen the usual crap for sale like Carling, Carlsberg, Fosters etc but never anything thats made by a local Brewery.
Im quite intrested now into trying out different drinks but the only problem is where to obtain them from. We have plenty of Wine shops around here but once again they only sell the big name brands.

ROBL250 said:
Ive been watching the new series of "Oz and James Drink to Britain" and it got me wondering, do Tesco and the like stock up on local made Beers? Ive seen the usual crap for sale like Carling, Carlsberg, Fosters etc but never anything thats made by a local Brewery.
Im quite intrested now into trying out different drinks but the only problem is where to obtain them from. We have plenty of Wine shops around here but once again they only sell the big name brands.

The big tesco round here stocks the full Cain's of Liverpool range and stuff from Warrington brewers, as well as a good range of other smaller brewers from home and overseas.

There's a beer thread on here somewhere, plenty of good recommendations on there.

ye i watched last night and wondered myself about trying various local beers on draught..would make an alternative to stella

Ah I never knew that. But didnt Hobgoblin recently lower its alcohol percentage? Ive not had it for a while so im not sure what it is now, but I remember reading about how long-term drinkers of it werent too pleased about the move.

ROBL250 said:
Ah I never knew that. But didnt Hobgoblin recently lower its alcohol percentage? Ive not had it for a while so im not sure what it is now, but I remember reading about how long-term drinkers of it werent too pleased about the move.

I have a soon to be opened bottle in front of me right now, abv is 5.2%. Don't know if thats lower than previously but I find it perfectly agreeable. I fact so agreeable that the wife can actually differentiate from me being normal drunk, cricket drunk, and Wychwood drunk. Quite a talent wouldn't you say?

Theres a few local brewers who bottle as well a keg their finest ales.
Hydes-Moss side, Holts-Cheetham hill, JW Lees-Middleton, Robinsons-Stockport

They can be found in most of the main supermarkets, i`m in the trade so PM if you want
any more info?

Rob, theres a shop near you in whaley called Goyt wines they do all kinds of wierd & wonderful
brews, abit heavy on price but they have a wide selection!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.