Local beers

Yep I know Goyt Wines well. Just on the other side of the village, problem is as you said it gets a bit pricey in there. Absinthe set me back 43 quid a couple of months ago (even though I know its generally expensive anyway.)
Im more after Pubs that sell local beers, rather than going to the shops and having to drag up bottles and crates of the stuff up the hill lol. I guess its a case of get out there and sample. We have about 9 pubs locally so im sure theres plenty of variety.

Love those posters advertising Hobgoblin beer....''What's the matter Lagerboy, afraid you might taste something?''
Phoenix in Heywood produce great beers, as does the Marble Breweries in town. Get a pint of their Manchester Bitter, lovely.
Just had a week of American 'beers' on a cruise.....Budweiser....whwhat the Yanks call beer, but we call water.....
Got a great pint of Brooklyn IPA in Newark Airport's Brooklyn Breweries bar though. Their micro breweries do good stuff have to admit.

Joycee Banercheck said:
Phoenix brewery in Heywood does Wobbly Bob. A great ale.
i'll second this!
also Asda has just started stocking Moorhouses Ales, Burnley(strangely at the Pilsworth branch it's not in the beer aisle but near the kitchen towels).
Morrisons do any 4 for a £5 mix and match.
try Wychcraft from wychwood brewery (oxford) more closer to home get Thwaites double century, lancaster bomber and wainwright

DAKOVICH said:
Theres a few local brewers who bottle as well a keg their finest ales.
Hydes-Moss side, Holts-Cheetham hill, JW Lees-Middleton, Robinsons-Stockport

They can be found in most of the main supermarkets, i`m in the trade so PM if you want
any more info?

Rob, theres a shop near you in whaley called Goyt wines they do all kinds of wierd & wonderful
brews, abit heavy on price but they have a wide selection!

Near the coop pharmacy.
I should have shares in that place!
They have some lovely stuff in there. Whiteshield bitter is a favourite. Careful with some of those Belgian brews though and the 'seaweed ale' tastes exactly like you'd expect it to.

DAKOVICH said:

They can be found in most of the main supermarkets, i`m in the trade so PM if you want
any more info?

Rob, theres a shop near you in whaley called Goyt wines they do all kinds of wierd & wonderful

I was in Lancaster just after Christmas and was surprised to see a new pub had opened, on the hill down from the station, and it had the Hydes name on it, is it part of the same Manchester group?

used to be a crackin brew from Lancaster -Hartleys

my favourite is Arizona -a phoenix brew, bloody gorgeous

JW Lees Moonraker is nice stuff. My mum got me a couple of bottles at Christmas. Used to be able to smell the brewery at school on cold autumn mornings if the wind was right.

Bank Top is decent in Bolton, Three B's blackburn do good ales and Brazens in Salford is pretty good.

merlot somme said:
DAKOVICH said:

any more info?

I was in Lancaster just after Christmas and was surprised to see a new pub had opened, on the hill down from the station, and it had the Hydes name on it, is it part of the same Manchester group?

Yes mate its the same Hydes, all 4 of our regional brewers have got estates of well over 200 managed houses
in the north west area. Robbies have also got alot in north wales & staffordshire.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.