Local Elections - Campaign literature

Lavinda Past said:
Fair point about the far right Rascal, but as we are seeing in France right now, when the other parties (eventually) see that the 'threat' is real, they start to get their act together, hopefully for the better.
We can't take it for granted that it won't happen in this country, I for one pray it doesn't come to that, but it may well take something along those lines to wake up our relatively complacent MPs.

I also think George Galloway love him or hate him has made quite a lot of people think. Him getting elected and railing against the mainstream parties has to be a wake up call up for them all.

Galloway succesfully involved the youth in Bradford in his campaign and that is something i dont think the mainstream parties do at all. They should look at ways of involving them, make it interesting and fun. The last thing we need as a country is a Government elected by just old people.

Rascal said:
Lavinda Past said:
Fair point about the far right Rascal, but as we are seeing in France right now, when the other parties (eventually) see that the 'threat' is real, they start to get their act together, hopefully for the better.
We can't take it for granted that it won't happen in this country, I for one pray it doesn't come to that, but it may well take something along those lines to wake up our relatively complacent MPs.

I also think George Galloway love him or hate him has made quite a lot of people think. Him getting elected and railing against the mainstream parties has to be a wake up call up for them all.

Galloway succesfully involved the youth in Bradford in his campaign and that is something i dont think the mainstream parties do at all. They should look at ways of involving them, make it interesting and fun. The last thing we need as a country is a Government elected by just old people.

Oh dear - I'm old... But not quite as old as George!

If anything is going to change in the future, it will be a younger and more culturally aware generation that will make it happen - probably on a 'Europe-wide' basis, rather than the traditional 'little islander' view taken by most of the older generations.

Rascal said:
Age means nothing, ideas and policies are what counts.

Owen Jones and Laurie Penny are in my opinion the best two new political commentators around and they are both mid 20s

An eighteen year old that's just left school/6th form doesn't know his arse from his elbow. He might be a nice level headed kid but he hasn't got a fucking clue yet what the real world is about he's just a kid that has a lot of growing up to do.

Rascal said:

The last thing this country needs are more detached career politicians that haven't got a bloody clue what real life is like. As all they have ever known their entire life is what the party has told them.

Challenger1978 said:
Rascal said:

Owen Jones and Laurie Penny are in my opinion the best two new political commentators around and they are both mid 20s

An eighteen year old that's just left school/6th form doesn't know his arse from his elbow. He might be a nice level headed kid but he hasn't got a fucking clue yet what the real world is about he's just a kid that has a lot of growing up to do.

The electorate in his council ward obviously thought his age was irrelevant and voted for him on his policies.

Are you saying the voters who elected him dont know there arse from there elbow?

Rascal said:
Challenger1978 said:
Rascal said:

The electorate in his council ward obviously thought his age was irrelevant and voted for him on his policies.

Are you saying the voters who elected him dont know there arse from there elbow?

Yes they're complete nob heads in Liverpool. You could put a suit on a donkey and put it up for election, as long as its running for labour it would win.

Challenger1978 said:
Yes they're complete nob heads in Liverpool. You could put a suit on a donkey and put it up for election, as long as its running for labour it would win.

How come the Lib Dems were running the council then?

People have so many misconceptions it is not true. Saying that Hartlepool voted in a monkey as town mayor. But it is there democratic choice to do that and as a democrat i cannot argue against the will of the people.

Rascal said:
Challenger1978 said:

How come the Lib Dems were running the council then?

People have so many misconceptions it is not true. Saying that Hartlepool voted in a monkey as town mayor. But it is there democratic choice to do that and as a democrat i cannot argue against the will of the people.

The Lib dems were running the council because even the die hard redder than red labour supporters know Labour couldn't run a piss up in brewery. As for misconception unluckily for me I've lived in Liverpool for ten years I know first hand what its like down here so don't give me none of that crap.

This eighteen year old kid was voted in on the back of the Lib Dems getting in to bed with the conservatives. There was always going to be a backlash to the Lib Dems actions that's why they got wiped out in Liverpool. It wasn't because labour had persuaded the electorate with a reasonable debt and great polices. It was down holey to an irrational fear or even just pure hatred of the conservatives.

Challenger1978 said:
The Lib dems were running the council because even the die hard redder than red labour supporters know Labour couldn't run a piss up in brewery. As for misconception unluckily for me I've lived in Liverpool for ten years I know first hand what its like down here so don't give me none of that crap.

This eighteen year old kid was voted in on the back of the Lib Dems getting in to bed with the conservatives. There was always going to be a backlash to the Lib Dems actions that's why they got wiped out in Liverpool. It wasn't because labour had persuaded the electorate with a reasonable debt and great polices. It was down holey to an irrational fear or even just pure hatred of the conservatives.

I have no love for the Tories, but i would still repect an 18 yr old tory who got elected because it is the will of the people. Negative politics has as much legitimacy as positive so as much as you rail against Labour being unable to do this or that, the electorate in his ward saw him as at the very least the lesser of two evils.

Rascal said:
I have no love for the Tories, but i would still repect an 18 yr old tory who got elected because it is the will of the people. Negative politics has as much legitimacy as positive so as much as you rail against Labour being unable to do this or that, the electorate in his ward saw him as at the very least the lesser of two evils.

Do you not think that there is something very fundamentally wrong with this society. When we have to choose the lesser of two evils come election time ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.