Lockdown isolation advice/opinions

in all seriousness can your wife work from home?
are you happy to put a family member at risk?
Can MIL stay with you for duration and then 14 days afterwards to protect FIL from infection?

in all seriousness can your wife work from home?
are you happy to put a family member at risk?
Can MIL stay with you for duration and then 14 days afterwards to protect FIL from infection?

She is working from home as much as she can, but would need to go to the office from time to time to collect files on clients etc. Bear in mind when im working the 84 hour week she'd still be working from home whilst looking after a 10 month old.
in a worst case scenario MIL could stay with us for that length of time.

If she can have a good week next week and get on top of things then we may be able to manage the week after, these furlough payments on payroll etc are a bit of an unknown at present though i think. Its then the worry of it rolling over to the week after and needing to be done and then there being issues of employees of her clients not getting paid.

Utilising the MIL for babysitting will be a last resort really but just thinking that it isnt much difference to key workers with children of school age still sending their kids to school.

Thanks for all the advice guys,

we had a chat today and are just going to see how we cope in that difficult week, if there is any sign of infection in ourselves or anyone i work with we wont even consider using the mother in law.

If we do we will let her have the baby at theirs for a day and night and only once I've gone to work so she has no contact with me. everything necessary disinfected beforehand too. Last resort option anyway but can't see that its much different to us both being essential workers with a school age child who would still be attending school rather than looked after by family.

Also government advice may well have changed in 2 weeks time too so will take that into account at the time too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.