Lokeren 16yrs today!!

Just stumbled across a few photos I took from the up on the scaffolding stand in Lokeren.
Sorry about the quality but it really did look that shit from there.

Hope this linking works ..

Anybody here in the Celtica bar in Brussels the night after? Or was it the night before?
It was after the game when we all got back, bar open all night very early hours of the morning the bouncers had had enough, let’s say it was good entertainment for the locals on their way to work.

Lokeren was and probably will be my only euro trip ... I had just got back from a trip to India just to see the game.. might be my memory ... but were they not selling licorice from a stall outside the stand ?

Remember is was fucking freezing, temporary stand was shite, they packed us into the train platform like sardines, same onto the train, I remember one of the train windows shattered because of the press of bodies......great away trip. Almost as good as the shalke a few seasons after....

Remember is was fucking freezing, temporary stand was shite, they packed us into the train platform like sardines, same onto the train, I remember one of the train windows shattered because of the press of bodies......great away trip. Almost as good as the shalke a few seasons after....
Freezing? Another one who didn't do Gornik in 1971.

Could you imagine all the blues congregating in Lokeren on that afternoon, before the game, would have been drunk dry before 2. Murrder.

The whole 3 days were , are very hazy. Belgian beer can do that.
In Brussels, the night before a pub near the square, full of young idiots from Stalybridge, I was with a group of much older, refined isiots from failsworth, I left the pub before the trouble. They encountered a Turkish mob later that night on leaving the square.
Match day was memorable for that stand, which I initially would not enter. Still think it was lucky to survive the 90. The train station scene was dreamlike really, thousands of people and no trains.

We were further back, and there was a hole in the wood on the scaffolding, I was more worried we'd go through it.
We were on the back row, I got right under the camera as I had thrown a week long sickie from work and didn't want my boss to spot me.
I was so drunk I don't think the stand bothered me.

I remember that, if memory serves me right it happened near a food ? unit . Think it was the chap with grey hair that still does lots of away games, and has usually had a drink

Didn’t the lad nearly get sorted on plane back but the air hostesses wouldn’t allow it.

That's right.
The original culprit was actually a decent bloke, but alcohol turned him into a nasty fucker. He'd previously been banned after a violent incident at Upton Park, when he'd fallen asleep during the game, and invaded the personal space of a fellow blue.

His two mates (who were brothers) and their dad, were all totally smashed on cheap Polish vodka, and out of control.
Somebody recognised them on the return flight, but they were so pissed they couldn't remember anything from the previous day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.