London Based Blues-New venue

I'll be going with 4/5 others. For a normal non-high profile game on a Sunday PM you might get 30 there roughly. I'd suspect there might be a few more on Sunday though... The thing is where the pub is esp on a weekend in the city you won't get much passing trade so I'd think it'll purely be City fans so even if it is rammed you should be able to see the tv and get served.

Nervous as well, Nerph. Not sure if that's the football fan in me or the City fan. Probably the latter. On paper it should be a walk in the park, but we all know weird shit can happen. I pray we're lifting the Premier League trophy Sunday afternoon. the FA Cup was special as that was the first trophy of my lifetime (born 6 months after the 76 Leage Cup victory) but what a feeling that would be. Second only to having a kid!!

On another note, I decided it would be fun to hear what the rags are making of all this, and not the faux bravado view you get when you speak to one, an honest view shared only between themselves. So I downloaded a couple of their podcasts. It pained me to have them on my iPhone and I made sure it was well hidden while I was listening, but what I heard was fucking hilarious! They're in the absolute doldrums! Distraught, depressed, bemused. Great to hear! I highly recommend it.

I'll be there then. Will be at a work event at Twickenham, email came round just after the Arsenal game so didn't think it would be an issue, and will be leaving there at about the same time as the free bar ends. Result.

Blue anchor has come under a lot of criticism recently from blues. I've been many times, and yes its dark and there are no windows and is often understaffed, but i'm not concerned for sunday. Free champagne or no free champagne, i would rather watch the biggest game of our history with blues than with reds. hopefully they will appreciate the occasion and make it more like last monday (of what i hear, i was sitting in the cold in block 230 of the colin bell, bad times) than it was for some of the fixtures this year, for example midweek europa league.

Sup fellas,
I'm from the states and I'll be in England for the first time on Saturday - obviously being a Blues supporter I'm not gonna miss out on watching the match on Sunday with the locals! Is the blue anchor the best pub to go for man city? If not, anyplace else in London that is recommended??
Much appreciated.

Yes MN, the Blue Anchor will be the place to be.

Sadly I won't be there for this game as I'm on a course in Birmingham, hope everyone has a good time. I bet it'll be mental.

Planned to go to Blue Anchor but not sure will be able to drink as got to go to hospital for tests at 8 Monday morning - might stay at home as not sure could go there and not have a wee glass of something to celebrate

probably see how I feel Sunday morning

Any blues watching England tomorrow in London? I was thinking about going down the blue anchor to see if the usual crowd is there, since I'm sick of rag cockneys slagging lescott and Milner during England.

mate check facebook page think blues are for

The Albion (Blackfriars end of Fleet Street) as looking for new venue for City games and trying this out

can't place link on here as at work but check out Facebook london supporters club page

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.