London murders

Scottyboi

Have you seen how many people have died this year alone, ridiculous.

It's not even specific ages or anything you have old men kids women trans.

So much gang related music about now on youtube and everyone wants to be a roadman it's getting silly.

I don't even know how the police can prevent it at the moment, they would have to bring in new stop and search initiatives but that could just anger people even more.

Some brave decisions need to be made.

During the 90's, New York implemented some new policing strategies (often controversial), and crime subsequently plummeted. It can fairly be argued that there were also other factors that contributed to the fall, but crime there has reduced to such an extent that it is now classed as one of the 'safest' major cities in the world, not just in the US.

Some brave decisions need to be made.

During the 90's, New York implemented some new policing strategies (often controversial), and crime subsequently plummeted. It can fairly be argued that there were also other factors that contributed to the fall, but crime there has reduced to such an extent that it is now classed as one of the 'safest' major cities in the world, not just in the US.
Ye but didn’t Gulliane employ another 20,000 police as well? I’m sure if we did that it would help. I’ve always said we are 20 years behind USA on things to do with society which includes crime but it looks like we are catching up quicker possibly overtaking them.
You only have to look at videos of people stealing scooters etc with impunity because the get chased by police take off their helmets and police have to stop the chase, they know this. To me the only way to stop it is to take the gloves off, I’m sorry your son died knicking a scooter at knife point but he shouldn’t have done it, tough shit.

No one fears the plod anymore, and the estates in London are in serious poverty. Everyone is tooled up, will end up with curfews for certain age groups at this rate.

Ye but didn’t Gulliane employ another 20,000 police as well? I’m sure if we did that it would help. I’ve always said we are 20 years behind USA on things to do with society which includes crime but it looks like we are catching up quicker possibly overtaking them.
You only have to look at videos of people stealing scooters etc with impunity because the get chased by police take off their helmets and police have to stop the chase, they know this. To me the only way to stop it is to take the gloves off, I’m sorry your son died knicking a scooter at knife point but he shouldn’t have done it, tough shit.

I'm not sure on police numbers (although I'd hazard a guess we're way behind on this front), but they put into place some pretty blunt policies. Not always popular due to a zero tolerance / arrest first worry about justice later approach (I'm over simplifying I know), but it clearly worked.

Employ more police and make policing more visible. Make sure police on the ground know the community they police. Usual stuff.

Although crime rates have been declining in Western countries for decades irrespective of policing methods. The only statistical upward trend was from 1950 to 1990.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.