London New Year info

Threeinarow

Me and the girlfriend are going down to London on New Years Eve to stand under the London Eye for the big firework display.

Would anyone have any ideas of where we could go after it's all died down, as our coach back to Manchester is 9am on New Years Day.

I'm hoping someone might know of any 24 hour bars near by, or clubs, or parties that we could go to instead of roaming around London all night, as I don't go to London very often, so I'm not too clued up on what's where etc.

Cheers for your help.

Looks like it's a tour around London on foot for a few hours afterwards then...

BimboBob - that link is for events in the evening mate? I'm asking for places to go at like 2am after the firework display at the London Eye.

Two things to bear in mind for NYE:

1: You won't be getting in anywhere at 2am. You need to have tickets for clubs and whereas some will grant you a pass out to go and see the fireworks and come back later, you still need to arrive early to get a ticket initially. Ideally you need to have tickets before the late evening. Many people book weeks in advance.

2: All the streets around the London Eye are rammed on NYE, access to the South Bank and Embankment is controlled and you generally need to be there between 2100-2130 to guarantee getting in to the closed areas. (You're shut out once it's full). There is no way of just rocking up to the London Eye just before midnight, half of greater London's 13 million peeps have had the same idea, except they're getting there hours before you to stand in the cold.

You can generally either go to a club, or go and see the fireworks, but not both.

Have a look on Tripadvisor's London forum at the NYE threads to get some idea.

Mugatu said:

1: You won't be getting in anywhere at 2am. You need to have tickets for clubs and whereas some will grant you a pass out to go and see the fireworks and come back later, you still need to arrive early to get a ticket initially. Ideally you need to have tickets before the late evening. Many people book weeks in advance.

2: All the streets around the London Eye are rammed on NYE, access to the South Bank and Embankment is controlled and you generally need to be there between 2100-2130 to guarantee getting in to the closed areas. (You're shut out once it's full). There is no way of just rocking up to the London Eye just before midnight, half of greater London's 13 million peeps have had the same idea, except they're getting there hours before you to stand in the cold.

You can generally either go to a club, or go and see the fireworks, but not both.

All of these things.

Mugatu said:

Yeah cool, that's good advice, cheers, and I kinda knew all this anyway.

We will be in London for 10.30am on NYE. We did the same in Sydney for 2010, so we know to be there early etc.

The reason for my post was asking if people knew of clubs, bars etc that we can go to, and get tickets for before we go. Surely London has 24 hour bars for people to go to afterwards as long as they have tickets?

I'll have a look at the tripadvisors forum.

Thank for your help mate.

There's a top club underneath London Bridge. Went after the Rag semi final in April. Absolutely quality night if your up for paying mental prices for drinks (12quid doubles we were on however haha). Not sure the name of it. Top notch urban/dance music acts and underground acts not even out yet play in there, if you might fancy summa that. My advice would be to not go much further south of the river though. No explanation needed as to why you might not want to venture off down there any night, let alone NYE.

Maybe consider standing on the Embankment/Westminster side as you'd get a much better view of the Eye and the fireworks from that side anyway. Whatever you choose to do, as people have already said it will be heaving all night long and wouldn't even consider driving. Not that I would recommend driving in London any day of the week anyway.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.