look at the player ratings !!!

Re: Sunday Mirror

Craig said:
Ha brilliant so Given and SWP only got sixes? Im sure some of them do the marks before the game starts.
Exactly Shay pulled off 2 or 3 great saves and the penalty couldn't be faulted for the goal that for me is at least an 8

From start to finish, de Jong was outstanding. Easily, motm!

You don't win anything without a dominant midfielder. The rags had one in Keane. Red Scouse had Case, Souness and McMahon (Gerrard is a very good player but, put simply, he's either not as good as the press want us to believe he is, or just not consistent enough over the course of a league campaign). The great Leeds team had two devilish midfielders, Giles and Bremner. Everton's most successful sides (twenty-odd years apart) boasted Ball and Reid. Chelsea had Makelele and then, Essien.

It's a terribly important role because it sets the tempo for every other team member. For example, remember Vinnie Jones crushing Steve Mcmahon when Wimbledon beat Liverpool in the cup final ('88?) and also, the lack of a f**k off, bulldog-type midfielder cost the rags the Champion's League final, last May (sad, I know...). Arsenal have suffered since Vieira left.
I've probably missed out on a few great players in the above list but well, my point has been made, I hope.

Over the last few years (since Keane, I mean), Essien has been the top dog - when he's been fit, that is. The sight of de Jong (with Barry, it must be said) playing him -and Ballack (and Mikel) off the park was enough to make me giddy in the head. Not since Asa Hartford have we had one of the top tackling, midfielders in the game, in the prime of his career.

Just a word of warning though, I remember Joey Barton outplaying Gerrard at Anfield a few years ago (we won 2-1, Anelka scored both of ours - can't remember the year). It didn't last though, did it?

Hopefully, de Jong is made of better stuff than Barton. I think he is.

The reporter doesn't know what he's talking about:

Vincent Kompany has failed to convince either as midfielder or defender.

He's convinced as both!

Given 8 not much to do

Bridge 7 worked hard till that bad tackle from Belletti
Lescott 8 best game in a city shirt
Toure 8 fantastic tackle on Drogba also best game for city
Richards 7 is this lad getting his form back looked very sharp

De Jong 10 FANTASTIC no other word for him AMAZING
Barry 7 controlled the middle with Nigel and helped out at the back
Robinho 7 Tracked back and his work rate was good much better
Wright-Phillips 8 made Ashley Cole look average not many people do

Tevez 9 WORK HORSE never stops running I love this guy
Adebayor 7 another goal and worked hard up top

Hughes 9 Tactics spot on everytime Chelsea had the ball at least 2 city players would try to win it back all over the pitch and all day long our squad shown great energy levels

Anyone think Lampard was worn out when he was getting ready to take the pen my dad pointed it out to me and said he would miss

Given 9
Richards 7
Toure 7
Lescott 9
Bridge 7
SWP 8
De Jong 9.5 (nobody's perfect!)
Barry 8
Robi' 7
Ade' 6
Tevez 9 (scored the winner and according to my girlfriends flat mate left Panacia with a fit blondie last night n'all [altho i thought he was married with kids??? so maybe she was lying!]!)

the useless bastard from the Times has no fucking idea?

he even talks in the report in my paper as Onuoha being the replacement for Bridge!!!!!

according to him the following Chelsea players got higher marks than De Jong.......

Carvelho
Essien
Ballack
Lampard
Deco
Drogba

clearly either was not at the game or is blind?

also in the world cup watch bit

"Robinho : discontented"

what the fucks that all about?

TWAT

They also describe Ballack as sublime, Robinho as discontented and Carvalhio as classy. Were they watching the same game? I would love to comment but cannot be fecked to regster on-line for such a bunch of idiots.

citytill1die84 said:
Given 8 not much to do

Bridge 7 worked hard till that bad tackle from Belletti
Lescott 8 best game in a city shirt
Toure 8 fantastic tackle on Drogba also best game for city
Richards 7 is this lad getting his form back looked very sharp

De Jong 10 FANTASTIC no other word for him AMAZING
Barry 7 controlled the middle with Nigel and helped out at the back
Robinho 7 Tracked back and his work rate was good much better
Wright-Phillips 8 made Ashley Cole look average not many people do

Tevez 9 WORK HORSE never stops running I love this guy
Adebayor 7 another goal and worked hard up top

Hughes 9 Tactics spot on everytime Chelsea had the ball at least 2 city players would try to win it back all over the pitch and all day long our squad shown great energy levels

Anyone think Lampard was worn out when he was getting ready to take the pen my dad pointed it out to me and said he would miss
well spotted that man,he did look knackered.and 10 out of 10 for your match assessment

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.