Looking Ahead - Next Season's position

The wheels are coming off at Arsenal and Chelsea. I think Liverpool will be in for a very tricky summer with the problems they have with the Yanks and Benitez. I think reasonable quality buys could see us take 3rd place- whether we get the quality buys if we are out of the European trophies is a different matter.

I think realistically we should be going for 5th next season. But I look at Villa's squad in comparison to ours and with some more quality to be added in the summer, I really can't see why we can't push hard for a top 4 finish if they can.

The target has to be 5th or 6th with a good chance of a cup with the potential to get 4th or else why put all the money in the first place??
I also think we have the making of good squad players at the moment with another 4 great players to improve (2 being strikers) plus injuries back.
total spend in summer 110mill

It depends who is in charge, with Hughes 5th or 6th. with the special one 2nd or 3rd. This is not a go at hughes by the way.

Assuming we spend a shed load in the summer!
And assuming the Sheik still has faith in MK, which I think he will.
Then 4th. should not be beyond us.
By the business end of next season Hughes will have had 2 seasons in charge.
If he hasn't got us to that level, with his spending power, then the exit door beckons.
Should we pinch a Champions League spot at the end of next season, than that summers transfer window will be really exciting.
Kaka, Messi, Gigi Buffon ?
Who knows.

When you look at what Martin O'Neil has achieved at the Villa, with a very limited budget, in a relatively short space of time, then we should be making that sort of progress.
Winning the Champions League might take slightly longer. !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.