Lost Prophets.

johnny on the spot said:
Blimey, I actually met this guy in the Witchwood about ten years ago.

I saw him at Jilly's at a live music night once. He swaggered in with his hood up and wearing glasses it looked like he didn't need to wear whilst carrying a bottle of water. He watched one band for 3 songs whilst stood in the dark bit and swaggered off again. The local scene he emerged from would all slag him for his awful singing voice and looking like he was dressed by someone else. He's about as metal as a wooden spoon.

The consensus was he was false and a bit sleazy with the Girls. I'll follow the trial with interest.

peoffrey said:
johnny on the spot said:
Blimey, I actually met this guy in the Witchwood about ten years ago.

I saw him at Jilly's at a live music night once. He swaggered in with his hood up and wearing glasses it looked like he didn't need to wear whilst carrying a bottle of water. He watched one band for 3 songs whilst stood in the dark bit and swaggered off again. The local scene he emerged from would all slag him for his awful singing voice and looking like he was dressed by someone else. He's about as metal as a wooden spoon.

The consensus was he was false and a bit sleazy with the Girls. I'll follow the trial with interest.

That's him. There were plenty about like him and all. Thinking about it, it must have been twelve years ago or longer. The band were supposed to be playing but 'his throat was bad' so it had been called off so it was just the normal DJs and that. His illness didn't stop him swanning about a noisy, smoke-clogged room chatting up sixth formers' girlfriends.

johnny on the spot said:
peoffrey said:

That's him. There were plenty about like him and all. Thinking about it, it must have been twelve years ago or longer. The band were supposed to be playing but 'his throat was bad' so it had been called off so it was just the normal DJs and that. His illness didn't stop him swanning about a noisy, smoke-clogged room chatting up sixth formers' girlfriends.

I met a fair few bands from Wales whilst I worked within the local music scene in Manchester and the general consensus was that Lostprophets and Ian Watkins in particular stuck out like a sore thumb amongst them. It's quite a community thing in Wales and there wasn't much favour towards their work. I initially put it down to jealousy but there's something more there for certain.

Obviously not the important issue, but I wonder if the rest of the band can sue him for loss of income - whatever little that back catalogue was worth is reduced to fuck all now. They made a fair few songs, must have been the odd royalty cheque now and again.

adrianr said:
Obviously not the important issue, but I wonder if the rest of the band can sue him for loss of income - whatever little that back catalogue was worth is reduced to fuck all now. They made a fair few songs, must have been the odd royalty cheque now and again.
You mean sue him for lost profits?

Sorry.

dronefromsector7g said:
adrianr said:

Sorry.

I cannot beieve I didnt see that in the first place. Well in :D

dronefromsector7g said:
adrianr said:

Sorry.

That's genuinely funny. I wish I'd written (or purloined) it. Well done.

purloin

adrianr said:
dronefromsector7g said:
adrianr said:

Sorry.

I cannot beieve I didnt see that in the first place. Well in :D
Cheers. Seriously though how ironic is that band name now?

ps That CDs going straight in the bin.

Does anyone think the Police are so sure of his guilt that he's been named publically? I've just listened to a news report that said naming him was an unusual step.

His band mates are going to be stunned. When you're in a band and touring then it's like you're married to the other members because you're so close.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.