Lovely remarks about City from Everton forum

Everton fans are jealous. They want to have an owner like we have. What they fail to recognise is that we changed the club from top to toe so that we could seek the neccessary investment and entrepreneurial drive. It hasn't all happened at once.

They too can attempt to do this if they so choose.

They are like the whinging low-income type that moans about the success of his friend who is prepared to go to night school, move and change jobs for self-improvement and higher earnings, while he himself does feck all and wonders why the same thing aint happening to him. The lazy twat wants it but he does nothing to change his existing circumstances and then whinges that the other guy is just 'lucky'.

Typical scousers.

phuzion said:
For the record, it's 'thesaurus'. If you had indeed seen a 'Rogets' edition thesaurus, you would of course know that.

Shackattack, how you have the audacity to chastise someone's grammar, when your very own excoriating sentence has the grammatical structure of a ten year old, is quite simply both laughable, and contemptuous!

Phuzion, I think you'll find that a comma has been incorrectly placed after the word 'laughable' in your sentence above.

Innit..

wrongun73 said:
lukecefc said:
HAHAHA! Im not angry at all. Im just annoyed at how arrogant your fans have become over an 2 year period. It amuses me how many of your fans are tossers.

most of our fans arent arrogant mate, we realise we was pulled out of the shit by a rich guy, the ones that are like that are probably young kids. obviously if you or other everton fans come on here giving it out your gonna cop it back. if kenwright sold out to some rich arabs or whoever, would you really turn it down to stay as a likeable but under achieving club, no, i wouldnt have thought so. its not our fault we've been bought out and shouldnt have to feel guilty for it.
Exactly how I feel! The majority of us aren't arrogant at all, just happy at some genuine signs of progress. We've been going for years and years, supporting the club through thick and thin. All of a sudden we get foreign investment and that makes the fans tossers?

Just been reading a comment on that forum regarding attendances, saying that why do City fans always feel the need to bring attendances into arguments with Everton fans. Then he/she goes on to say that "at least we've never had a crowd of 3000 though!". So on the one hand we've no right to mention crowd figures but on the other they've got every right to do it!

As it happens, what that person conveniently forgets to mention is that the crowd of 3007 was for an Auto Windscreens Shield game when we were in Division 2, and that Joe Royle played mainly his fringe players that night. With no disrespect to the lower division clubs and the AWS, it isn't a competition that is going to get City fans excited or many other fans for that matter, in much the same way as the Full Members Cup failed to attract decent crowds at any ground when it was in existence.

And as for never getting a crowd of 3000, perhaps that Everton fan ought to consider that in 1983 they pulled in only 11,000 fans for a TOP FLIGHT LEAGUE GAME. Apart from the 8015 that saw us play Swindon in the early 1960's (but remember that was in the 2nd division and not the top flight) I can't ever remember us pulling so few fans in for a league game - certainly in the past 40 years we haven't, regardless of whether we were playing in the first, second, or even third tier of English football. As far as I can see, our lowest league crowd from the late-1960's onwards was 15,000-plus for a game against Millwall in September 1987 but again that was in the 2nd division and it was still 4,000 more than what they got 4 years earlier for a game that was played in a higher division.

Having said all that, I see both clubs as having very similar support bases and as much as it pains me to say it for some reason their general away following over the past few years has been better than ours numbers-wise.

I was reading through the Everton forum earlier and noticed a few comments from some posters that not many of our players would get in their side. I assume they are taking the piss and don't actually believe that?

M18CTID said:
Just been reading a comment on that forum regarding attendances, saying that why do City fans always feel the need to bring attendances into arguments with Everton fans. Then he/she goes on to say that "at least we've never had a crowd of 3000 though!". So on the one hand we've no right to mention crowd figures but on the other they've got every right to do it!

As it happens, what that person conveniently forgets to mention is that the crowd of 3007 was for an Auto Windscreens Shield game when we were in Division 2, and that Joe Royle played mainly his fringe players that night. With no disrespect to the lower division clubs and the AWS, it isn't a competition that is going to get City fans excited or many other fans for that matter, in much the same way as the Full Members Cup failed to attract decent crowds at any ground when it was in existence.

And as for never getting a crowd of 3000, perhaps that Everton fan ought to consider that in 1983 they pulled in only 11,000 fans for a TOP FLIGHT LEAGUE GAME. Apart from the 8015 that saw us play Swindon in the early 1960's (but remember that was in the 2nd division and not the top flight) I can't ever remember us pulling so few fans in for a league game - certainly in the past 40 years we haven't, regardless of whether we were playing in the first, second, or even third tier of English football. As far as I can see, our lowest league crowd from the late-1960's onwards was 15,000-plus for a game against Millwall in September 1987 but again that was in the 2nd division and it was still 4,000 more than what they got 4 years earlier for a game that was played in a higher division.

Having said all that, I see both clubs as having very similar support bases and as much as it pains me to say it for some reason their general away following over the past few years has been better than ours numbers-wise.

http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/manc.htm
http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/ever.htm

dashton said:
wrongun73 said:
most of our fans arent arrogant mate, we realise we was pulled out of the shit by a rich guy, the ones that are like that are probably young kids. obviously if you or other everton fans come on here giving it out your gonna cop it back. if kenwright sold out to some rich arabs or whoever, would you really turn it down to stay as a likeable but under achieving club, no, i wouldnt have thought so. its not our fault we've been bought out and shouldnt have to feel guilty for it.
Exactly how I feel! The majority of us aren't arrogant at all, just happy at some genuine signs of progress. We've been going for years and years, supporting the club through thick and thin. All of a sudden we get foreign investment and that makes the fans tossers?

Amen to all the above. But mostly supporting it through thin.

i have just had a look on that forum and apart from the hatred they have for us some parts a very funny.

1. The fact that they are saying this is their biggest game of the season so far whereas many city fans see it as 'just another game'.

2. The dislike they have for Ireland is just pathetic and based on nothing

3. When comparing how much they hate us betwen eachother one bright individual posted -

'A meteoroid could land on the Stadium of Light and I wouldn't shed a tear! I reckon we'll get a trophy before Man Sh1tty, Joleon, you ******!'

Paulmcfc2703 said:
2. The dislike they have for Ireland is just pathetic and based on nothing

3. When comparing how much they hate us betwen eachother one bright individual posted -

'A meteoroid could land on the Stadium of Light and I wouldn't shed a tear! I reckon we'll get a trophy before Man Sh1tty, Joleon, you ******!'
Yeah what is it with this hate for Ireland? Can't understand it at all. As for Stadium of Light - good football knowledge there!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.