Lovely walks

• Thread starter dronefromsector7g
  • Start date
Took a tram to Newhey (near Rochdale) and walked up to Windy Hill and Blackstone Edge/Whisky Cave (over a footbridge above the M62). Great scenery of Manchester below. Tad damp, but worth a wander. Little cafe, near the Windy Hill Transmitter, featured in the Winter Hill video by Doves, I believe.

When myself and my partner go to see our friends in Hailsham (near Eastbourne), we like to do the Cuckoo Trail. It's a walking/cycling scenic route that was once the Cuckoo Line on South Rail until it was removed.

Well worth your time if you're ever down this neck of the woods.

Took a tram to Newhey (near Rochdale) and walked up to Windy Hill and Blackstone Edge/Whisky Cave (over a footbridge above the M62). Great scenery of Manchester below. Tad damp, but worth a wander. Little cafe, near the Windy Hill Transmitter, featured in the Winter Hill video by Doves, I believe.
Added a blog on https://acton28.blog/2023/12/31/blackstone/ with a few glimpses. Nothing worth dribbling or a drink over

Plenty of decent walking country close to Manchester. Walk to Stoodley Pike to or from Hebden Bridge or Todmorden is decent, some good views and some vintage City graffitti on the Pike monument as well as plenty of decent places for refreshments in HB or Tod, both can be reached by train from Victoria in under 30mins.

Some recommended fairly easy walks not too far away from Manchester:-

The Manifold valley in The Peak District

The Huddersfield Narrow Narrow canal from Stalybridge to Diggle

The Monsall/Tissington trails in the Peak District

Pendle Hill from The nick 'o Pendle

The Goyt Valley (Several)

The Longendale Trail

The Peak Forest canal from Marple Bridge

Delamere Forest

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.