Lowest Crowd of the season tonight..your guess?

Didsbury Dave said:
Nixon_The_Bike_Thief said:
Ok we all know that the figures given out can on occasions be open to scrutiny to say the least and of course it used to be ridiculously worse in the good old days of standing terraces and Mr Swales. However I thought that we are actually now under a legal obligation to announce the figures based on the numbers actually through the turnstyle gate system, hence the attendance never being announced til much later in the game when the figures are amalgamated and late comers and stragglers have entered.

On that basis and my understanding I will go with an announced attendance of a genuine 41,789.

I'm pretty certain season ticket and ticket holders are counted, even if they are not there. That was always the case.

some TV games you can see large numbers of empty sold seats. Tonight will have the most ever in my opinion.

Im not certain myself Dave so you could be right but Im sure I read an article a few years back that alluded to the fact that with the introduction of computerised turnstyles linked to a main database for ticket sales etc we and multiple other clubs were able to reduce our security overheads because of the fact that only genuine numbers were provided not only to ourselves but also to police and stewards etc so a club could plan where additional services were required in any given game and where they could reduce staffing levels if need be. this could all of course have been theoretical but I'll stick with a genuine 41,789 as the conditions are improving by the hour and its really not bad at all round the manchester area even now. either way me and the lad will be there so thats at least 2 of us going to watch us win and keep another clean sheet ;o)

Looking at the huge amount of unsold tickets in the third tier i am going for a not particularly impressive 37298, 1150 Blackburn fans.

Didsbury Dave said:
Tonight will doubtless be the lowest crowd of the season due to the weather. There will also be a lot of non-attending season ticket holders although they will still be counted.

What's your guess? I would say Blackburn might bring 1000 or so.

My guess is 40,050

if its lowest of the season this wouldnt be over 40k then, there was around 24k for the Fulham LC game...

I reckon 41,000

anything around 38-42,000 will still be a top turn out considering the weather at the moment,

it shows how far we've come, around 38,000 about 3 years ago was like a sell out for us for the crowds we used to pull in.

Could be a lot of people who turn up and pay on the day as the game's been in doubt for a while

I think both third tiers hold approx 12000, as far as i can see only the East stand is up and it looks like around half of those tickets are remaining, i am guesssing sales are even worse in the Colin Bell, so that is 6000 at least, Blackburn have been allocated just under 3000 and i think they will bring 1500 so before we add the thousands of st holders who won't show you are looking at best 39,000. Generally walk up sales are poor so if we get 40000 i will be amazed.

SteSteez said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Tonight will doubtless be the lowest crowd of the season due to the weather. There will also be a lot of non-attending season ticket holders although they will still be counted.

What's your guess? I would say Blackburn might bring 1000 or so.

My guess is 40,050

if its lowest of the season this wouldnt be over 40k then, there was around 24k for the Fulham LC game...

OK Mr Pedantic, lowest league crowd of the season. Thought it was pretty obvious.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.