Loyalty points question.

I don't think the argument was ever about looking after mates or people wanting to jump queues, it was about the fan waiting patiently on 5000 points to get his ticket for the game and then finding he can't because someone on Bm has let a random fan with 3 posts on here use his ticket and hence jump the queue that nobody seems to want jumping.

They are not mates, they are random strangers.

Ive had season ticket for aslongas... & go all home cup games. Only make handful of aways each seasons due to family & work(porto was my 1st & only euro away). I have enough points for most games but was gutted to fall short for newcastle. I'm nowhere near for utd so avnt been since 80s!

i've got that terry phelan said:
Ive had season ticket for aslongas... & go all home cup games. Only make handful of aways each seasons due to family & work(porto was my 1st & only euro away). I have enough points for most games but was gutted to fall short for newcastle. I'm nowhere near for utd so avnt been since 80s!
You'd be surprised at how many went to Supporters Clubs for Newcastle

squirtyflower said:

Why would he be surprised? Do you have some figures?

Our branch ran a coach to Newcastle, as we do to most games, and applied for about 50 tickets I think. Despite this our allocation from the SC was only 4 tickets. We still filled our coach because people used their own points to buy directly from the club. The only difference to usual being that we weren't all sat together in the ground.

This might come as a surprise to you, given your irrational hatred of Supporters Clubs, but the people who are in them double up as City fans with loyalty points of their own.

Regular Joe said:
squirtyflower said:

Our branch ran a coach to Newcastle, as we do to most games, and applied for about 50 tickets I think. Despite this our allocation from the SC was only 4 tickets. We still filled our coach because people used their own points to buy directly from the club. The only difference to usual being that we weren't all sat together in the ground.

This might come as a surprise to you, given your irrational hatred of Supporters Clubs, but the people who are in them double up as City fans with loyalty points of their own.

So basically fans in supporters clubs are getting double chance to get hold of tickets then!! I know a lad - I work with him - Got very few points and he was at the derby at OT last season. I spoke to him at that game and asked how he had managed to snare a ticket and he was open. His supporters club. Unreal.<br /><br />-- Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:17 am --<br /><br />
Regular Joe said:
squirtyflower said:

So basically fans in supporters clubs are getting double chance to get hold of tickets then!! I know a lad - I work with him - Got very few points and he was at the derby at OT last season. I spoke to him at that game and asked how he had managed to snare a ticket and he was open. His supporters club. Unreal.

1st time last season I couldn't get a ticket for boxing day away game! Never had issues before. Iv signed up to everything & go to about 5-6 away games, more if I can afford. I doubt I'll be getting tickets again this season! Feel like iv been over taken all of a sudden!

Regular Joe said:
squirtyflower said:

I have far from an irrational hate of supporters clubs
I am just stating facts as they are presented, if you don't like that then it is tough

I happen to be a member
When I bought my Newcastle tickets, I bought them off my own back off the Internet
I couldn't get one for my youngest as it sold out at the level just above her points, she is not a member as she is at uni
However everyone who got a ticket through my club had fewer points than her, everyone

So what I have put forward is rational, with 'friends and Family' there is absolutely no need for the distribution of tickets through Supporters Clubs

No hate there, just facts
Of course this isn't the same for all of them, but it is for some of them

I can't understand the irrational rhetoric against supporters clubs re tickets on here.

The Supporters Club in it's various guises has been going for donkeys years and any City supporter is welcome to join any branch. A lot of people simply join so they can be in with a chance of getting hard to get tickets and given that it's the same for everyone, and everyone can apply, I can't, therefore, see what the problem is. It doesn't matter whether you live in Prestwich or Plymouth, you're still able to apply.

Like a poster said before, supporters clubs don't just get as many tickets as they apply for, they get a portion of what they apply for and it's up to that individual club to allocate as they see fit. I accept that there is some suggestion that that allocation system may be somewhat open to abuse, but if members of that club feel this is the case, then they only have to either challenge the committee of the club or even the executive committee of the club. A lot of clubs allocate the tickets on a merit basis within the club IE to the most active members who attend meetings and events etc. Some may even allocate depending on that members points number.

If you're going to moan about supporters branches getting tickets because you can't then just join a supporters club! Simple really. And if you're going to moan because the game sells out because it doesn't get to your points level and it possibly has in the past, then it might be because more people are joining supporters clubs for that very reason.

The problem is Squirty you aren't stating facts, you are making generalised, impossible to disprove comments like 'you'd be surprised' and 'everyone' (Italicised). I don't believe there is a problem, and if there is one it's certainly not one on the scale you are implying.

You're quoting the Newcastle game as your example. I've told you that my branch received 4 tickets for Newcastle out of our request, and we're one of the bigger branches. Those 4 went to the most active members of our branch under our own loyalty system. I find it very hard to believe that other branches received a more plentiful supply of tickets for Newcastle and then dished them out randomly to JCL's and if you have evidence that I'm wrong about that I think you should be more specific.<br /><br />-- Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:52 am --<br /><br />
Franny Lee's Barrel Chest said:
I can't understand the irrational rhetoric against supporters clubs re tickets on here.

The Supporters Club in it's various guises has been going for donkeys years and any City supporter is welcome to join any branch. A lot of people simply join so they can be in with a chance of getting hard to get tickets and given that it's the same for everyone, and everyone can apply, I can't, therefore, see what the problem is. It doesn't matter whether you live in Prestwich or Plymouth, you're still able to apply.

Like a poster said before, supporters clubs don't just get as many tickets as they apply for, they get a portion of what they apply for and it's up to that individual club to allocate as they see fit. I accept that there is some suggestion that that allocation system may be somewhat open to abuse, but if members of that club feel this is the case, then they only have to either challenge the committee of the club or even the executive committee of the club. A lot of clubs allocate the tickets on a merit basis within the club IE to the most active members who attend meetings and events etc. Some may even allocate depending on that members points number.

If you're going to moan about supporters branches getting tickets because you can't then just join a supporters club! Simple really. And if you're going to moan because the game sells out because it doesn't get to your points level and it possibly has in the past, then it might be because more people are joining supporters clubs for that very reason.

Well said - and with that I'm off to my Supporters Club event at the Royal Oak, Didsbury where you will find numerous members of our branch raising money for charity taking photos with the Community Shield. What an unworthy lot we are, eh?

Memberships are being taken if you'd like to join us... ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.