Lucas Moura's agent set for talks with City (and the rags)

Blue Haze said:
My only worry for him is being the only Brazilian in the squad. Do we even have another Portuguese speaker? He would probably be alone in Manchester except for the rag twins.

Probably Madrid bound but hey, no harm in trying. No shame in losing out to Madrid on a South American.

We could always bring Jo back

the talisman said:
Blue Haze said:
My only worry for him is being the only Brazilian in the squad. Do we even have another Portuguese speaker? He would probably be alone in Manchester except for the rag twins.

Probably Madrid bound but hey, no harm in trying. No shame in losing out to Madrid on a South American.

We could always bring Jo back
We could, but I think he might be cup-tied. Anyone know for sure?

Ok, so I dug out and transcribed a portion of the podcast of the BBC's World Football Phone-In programme from last Friday where this transfer was discussed by Tim Vickery, who is based in Rio, is the BBC's South American football correspondent, and appears frequently as an analyst on Brazilian television, and really seems to know his stuff.

This is where that comparison to Theo Walcott came from. There's alot here though, positive as well as negative, so you can read it yourself and take what you want from it.

Vickery was asked by a Chelsea fan if Lucas Moura was worth 32 million pounds and will Sao Paolo sell him.

"For that amount of money, they're very very keen. I don't think Sao Paolo have confirmed 32 million, there is interest from Inter Milan, there's also interest from Real Madrid. His father was in Europe recently, wined and dined, I think he certainly visited Real Madrid and Inter as well, I'm not sure if he actually made it to Chelsea, he had to cut it short because his health was a little bit dodgy, so he went back to Brazil.

Lucas Moura as a player, well he's not yet 20 and he's already got 11 caps for Brazil, which shows you how highly they rate him. Whenever I see him, he just reminds me so much of Theo Walcott. He's VERY VERY quick, has sustained pace, has close dribbling skills, does still play a little bit as if he's in a tunnel. This is not just my criticism of him, his own club coach, Emerson Leao and Brazil's coach Mano Menezes also make the same criticism. He's a little bit head down. You know, head down, no nonsense mindless boogie. He doesn't always look up and pick the best option. This will come with time. Hence the fact that that transfer fee is a HUGE amount of money for someone who is very very promising, capable of the occasional extraordinary moment, but still relatively unproven.

He can score goals from range as well, he's got a real long-shot on him. But there are limitations there, and last year Sao Paolo tried him a little bit up top at centre forward. He was awful. Back to goal, he was awful, that's not his thing at all. He's a right sided right winger, or at best I suppose attacking midfielder.

His own line has been that he would prefer to stay in Brazil until the 2014 World Cup, that's his line, because he thinks that that's his best chance of staying in international contention. I would tend to think that, alright, that does a lot for his visibility, staying at home, but to develop as a player, I think he'd be well advised to move, if not now, certainly next year, to get him one year before the world cup. I think we clearly saw that with Neymar in these last two games in the Libertadores against Velez Sarsfield, where they pressed his space, they were very compact on him, like a European 4-4-2, and Neymar just couldn't get into the game at all, and Lucas is another player, a little bit like Neymar, he needs space to operate. Mano Menezes, the Brazil coach, he made this point after the Copa America last year, that Brazil's young attacking talents, they've really struggled against more compact teams, against teams that didn't give them 60 meters to pick up the ball and think the play. So Lucas Moura, it's alot of money to spend on someone who's still very much in development.

You could see him I think fitting in better to the Mourinho Real Madrid side than anywhere else, because Mourinho loves his pace on the counterattack, his pace on the transitions, and you could see Lucas Moura fitting in there very very well indeed.

What's going to happen I think, over the next couple of months, is the club, if there really is this amount of money on the table, the club being very very tempted, and perhaps the club, perhaps even the agent, perhaps even his family putting pressure on him, and him thinking, well what's best, even if I want to stay in Brazil, can I withstand all this pressure from all of these people trying to get me across the Atlantic? So this one I think could go either way."

edgecroft said:
Ok, so I dug out and transcribed a portion of the podcast of the BBC's World Football Phone-In programme from last Friday where this transfer was discussed by Tim Vickery, who is based in Rio, is the BBC's South American football correspondent, and appears frequently as an analyst on Brazilian television, and really seems to know his stuff.

This is where that comparison to Theo Walcott came from. There's alot here though, positive as well as negative, so you can read it yourself and take what you want from it.

Vickery was asked by a Chelsea fan if Lucas Moura was worth 32 million pounds and will Sao Paolo sell him.

"For that amount of money, they're very very keen. I don't think Sao Paolo have confirmed 32 million, there is interest from Inter Milan, there's also interest from Real Madrid. His father was in Europe recently, wined and dined, I think he certainly visited Real Madrid and Inter as well, I'm not sure if he actually made it to Chelsea, he had to cut it short because his health was a little bit dodgy, so he went back to Brazil.

Lucas Moura as a player, well he's not yet 20 and he's already got 11 caps for Brazil, which shows you how highly they rate him. Whenever I see him, he just reminds me so much of Theo Walcott. He's VERY VERY quick, has sustained pace, has close dribbling skills, does still play a little bit as if he's in a tunnel. This is not just my criticism of him, his own club coach, Emerson Leao and Brazil's coach Mano Menezes also make the same criticism. He's a little bit head down. You know, head down, no nonsense mindless boogie. He doesn't always look up and pick the best option. This will come with time. Hence the fact that that transfer fee is a HUGE amount of money for someone who is very very promising, capable of the occasional extraordinary moment, but still relatively unproven.

He can score goals from range as well, he's got a real long-shot on him. But there are limitations there, and last year Sao Paolo tried him a little bit up top at centre forward. He was awful. Back to goal, he was awful, that's not his thing at all. He's a right sided right winger, or at best I suppose attacking midfielder.

His own line has been that he would prefer to stay in Brazil until the 2014 World Cup, that's his line, because he thinks that that's his best chance of staying in international contention. I would tend to think that, alright, that does a lot for his visibility, staying at home, but to develop as a player, I think he'd be well advised to move, if not now, certainly next year, to get him one year before the world cup. I think we clearly saw that with Neymar in these last two games in the Libertadores against Velez Sarsfield, where they pressed his space, they were very compact on him, like a European 4-4-2, and Neymar just couldn't get into the game at all, and Lucas is another player, a little bit like Neymar, he needs space to operate. Mano Menezes, the Brazil coach, he made this point after the Copa America last year, that Brazil's young attacking talents, they've really struggled against more compact teams, against teams that didn't give them 60 meters to pick up the ball and think the play. So Lucas Moura, it's alot of money to spend on someone who's still very much in development.

You could see him I think fitting in better to the Mourinho Real Madrid side than anywhere else, because Mourinho loves his pace on the counterattack, his pace on the transitions, and you could see Lucas Moura fitting in there very very well indeed.

What's going to happen I think, over the next couple of months, is the club, if there really is this amount of money on the table, the club being very very tempted, and perhaps the club, perhaps even the agent, perhaps even his family putting pressure on him, and him thinking, well what's best, even if I want to stay in Brazil, can I withstand all this pressure from all of these people trying to get me across the Atlantic? So this one I think could go either way."

Thanks for that!

Blue Haze said:

Still up in the air.
Perez want to wrap up the deal as soon as possible - Mourinho thinks it's too soon for Lucas to join Madrid now and wants to complete the transfer by 2013 or some kind loan deal whatever - yet Sao Paulo needs an injection of cash and want to sell NOW.
Seems complicate transfer, ala 'Arry lol - sounds dodgy (Portuguese ring) as fuck.

Mourinho is bnt as fuck, something really stinks wih his transfer dealings with Jorge Mendes’s Gestifute agency. you get Pepe, Carvalho (waste of money), 30m Fabio (Bebe)Coentrao, Di Maria (3 years at Benfica), C Ronaldo - all this players along with Madrid's coaching staff, share the same agent: Jorge Mendes - and the same boss: Mourinho. No shit something ain't kosher

I remember very well that Mourinho demanded Aguero to change his agent and imposed his, Jorge Mendes if he want to sign for Madrid. 'Kun', did not accept what seemed like blackmail......one of the reasons we signed Aguero.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/liga-bbva/por-que-mourinho-veto-kun-1165360" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/liga-bb ... un-1165360</a>

edgecroft said:
You could see him I think fitting in better to the Mourinho Real Madrid side than anywhere else, because Mourinho loves his pace on the counterattack, his pace on the transitions, and you could see Lucas Moura fitting in there very very well indeed

Hold on a sec, this is Unusual and disturbing analysis.

Is he really saying "because Mourinho loves his pace on the counter-attack, the reasons Lucas will fitting in better and very very well indeed to the Mourinho RM side than anywhere else? Right, so forget about the City, Chelsea and Inter lots - they get no love for pace on the counter attack. Madness

I think the BBC bloke have been watching "Family Guy" episodes, and not football!
Only Peter Fucking Griffins could come up with this ridiculous "Mourinho loves his pace" hilarious stuff. imagine Peter Griffins having football talk show on BBC!...LOL

Oh well, yet another S American football correspondent on Mourinho - Mendes PAYROLL . shocker

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.