Lucas Paquetá

I get the same impression from seeing him play but I think these reports have to be taken with a grain of salt.

I hope he gets psychologicl help because it must be very tough. In this day and age you'd think that would be standard practice if any signing is suffering.

If I was City I'd pay him off and wish him well.
LOL if we pay him off then I would tell him to FUCK OFF!

Which is it to be? :-)
If this season’s squad is not as strong as last season’s squad, then heaven knows how bad it would be next season if that happened. We only need to add 2 dependable midfielders and maybe a winger. It should be last orders, however, for those that can’t be trusted to get on the park.

I don’t know what will happen but I do think there are several players that may leave; the balance of probabilities and past experience suggests that, after a lot of talk and speculation, not too much will change. However, I can’t rule out the three in orange going. Although, I am sure that if one of Kev or Bernie left, City would try hard to keep the other one but Gundo and Riyad left last summer and Bernie supposedly has a release clause. I heard some time back from a source I trust that Kev had not dismissed the idea of going to Saudi because the money on offer to him is so much.

Danny Mills MKII, I think the links with Leeds are Txiki's wishful thinking.
There are several rumours (probably/maybe 2+2=7) that Leeds would be interested in Kalvin if they gain promotion. After the way his career's tanked, I think this is by far the most realistic solution.

His wages will be an issue, but to cut our losses, it might be an idea to come to a severance agreement with Philips & to offer a tempting transfer fee with Leeds. Danny Mills didn't give a shit about playing football in any meaningful way after losing his first team place at City, but I sense that Philips may regain his enthusiasm for the game if he returns to his hometown club, with the added benefit of family support.

Outside of this, I don't know where Kalvin goes from here. He had his chance of a career reset last summer, but opted to stay, then he tanked at WHU on loan & now it seems all is buggered for him outside of a return home to Leeds.

I don’t know what will happen but I do think there are several players that may leave; the balance of probabilities and past experience suggests that, after a lot of talk and speculation, not too much will change. However, I can’t rule out the three in orange going. Although, I am sure that if one of Kev or Bernie left, City would try hard to keep the other one but Gundo and Riyad left last summer and Bernie supposedly has a release clause. I heard some time back from a source I trust that Kev had not dismissed the idea of going to Saudi because the money on offer to him is so much.
I’m quietly confident that none of the mainstays will leave this summer, partly because I think they appreciate that they still have much to give at the top level and partly because I sense they have unfinished business. I think the loss in the Champions League was particularly painful for these guys, so if they’re going to bow out, they’ll want to do it on top.

When I think of the new players City will have in the summer, I can’t help but come back to Paqueta time and time again as the one I feel is certain to arrive.

The others linked with, I feel there is still much negotiating to do.

When I think of the new players City will have in the summer, I can’t help but come back to Paqueta time and time again as the one I feel is certain to arrive.

The others linked with, I feel there is still much negotiating to do.
Again depends if he is fully clear and stranger things have happened. I doubt we will go back with that still looming.

It's a loss I'd be happy to make. If Nunes isn't up to the task, it makes little economic or playing sense to weaken our squad quality by kerping him because we won't get our money back.

It's best we take the loss on the chin, wipe our mouths & refocus our efforts on doing better as we generally do. Transfers in & out are always a risk. We can't always get it right.

Well I won’t.

Whilst the club increase season ticket and match day ticket prices to claw back a couple of million pound a season, they scouts, Txiki, and the club have just wasted £45mill on a player we didn’t need, and the vast majority of our fans didn’t rate or want. It is a shocking piece of transfer business by the club, and one that should be looked into as to why and how he was scouted, and who made the final decision to buy him from the scouting reports put to them by the scouts. I doubt very much Pep wanted him. The fact that Pep didn’t play him much is testament to that.

Well I won’t.

Whilst the club increase season ticket and match day ticket prices to claw back a couple of million pound a season, they scouts, Txiki, and the club have just wasted £45mill on a player we didn’t need, and the vast majority of our fans didn’t rate or want. It is a shocking piece of transfer business by the club, and one that should be looked into as to why and how he was scouted, and who made the final decision to buy him from the scouting reports put to them by the scouts. I doubt very much Pep wanted him. The fact that Pep didn’t play him much is testament to that.
Nunes, Philips or both?

I’m quietly confident that none of the mainstays will leave this summer, partly because I think they appreciate that they still have much to give at the top level and partly because I sense they have unfinished business. I think the loss in the Champions League was particularly painful for these guys, so if they’re going to bow out, they’ll want to do it on top.

Tolm is saying Kev will only go if he is not wanted (at City) so hopefully he will get an extension sorted.

Obviously, there was a claim yesterday that Bernie is going but we’ve heard that so many times. Eventually it won’t be a case of crying wolf but main link was Barca and it has to be doubtful they can afford his release clause. Madrid may have asked about him last week though. My own view, totally looking from the outside, is Bernie loves playing for City and (other than going back to Benfica one day) does not want to leave the club but would like, or is under pressure, to leave Manchester. His reaction after scoring on Saturday was, for instance, not one of a guy who wants out of the club. I wouldn’t be surprised if he stayed but I wouldn’t be surprised if he left.

I doubt Kyle wants to leave City but a final pay day might tempt him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.