Lurking rags - look in here :-)

I know Spurs are still in it but they are aiming for third, and would be over the moon with that, whereas us and rags are after title, anything less would be disappointing and I have no problems in admitting I'd be absolutely gutted if we didn't win it.

Spurs and rags have both dropped points at home, not just against us but teams like Wolves, Blackburn. That will come back and bite them in the bum unless they win most of their remaining games against the top six or seven, and if they did that they would probably deserve it.

I'm no physic and I don't really believe in fate, but just had a feeling we would beat rags in the semi last year (felt we were due a result against them) and that we would go on to win the final after that. I've had a feeling for a few months now that we'd win the league, gone our way at times, such as new year when we should have ended year in second but them lot somehow lost to Blackburn, the manner of the win against spuds only furthered that.

So fear not lads, there will be twists along the way, but I have absolute belief we will win it this year, BELIEVE!! Although that doesn't make it any easier on my nerves, I'm beggining to get sweaty palms the day before kick off now, god knows what I'll be like if it goes down to the Derby.

My main worry now, and I mean this, is that the patterns of decisions going against us could stil wreck our chance

I'm nearly 54 and am a raddled old cynic who has alway laughedat conspiracy theories... I don't think there is anything organised , just individula biased officilas who support their own teams whoever they are and feel bitter as fook about our incredible takeover....

I never thought I'd here myself say this but I am close to just walking away from the whole sordid business.
What can you do when the Refs' govering body are dong nothing to challenge the shoking miscarriages of justice ???

Withe ugly, snarling press corps and their spin and twist and whipping up hue and cty agianst our players ad club at every turn what can we do ???

Sorry

just feeling a bit hopeless ATM

Give some reasons to believe, fellow blues

dom said:
My main worry now, and I mean this, is that the patterns of decisions going against us could stil wreck our chance

I'm nearly 54 and am a raddled old cynic who has alway laughedat conspiracy theories... I don't think there is anything organised , just individula biased officilas who support their own teams whoever they are and feel bitter as fook about our incredible takeover....

I never thought I'd here myself say this but I am close to just walking away from the whole sordid business.
What can you do when the Refs' govering body are dong nothing to challenge the shoking miscarriages of justice ???

Withe ugly, snarling press corps and their spin and twist and whipping up hue and cty agianst our players ad club at every turn what can we do ???

Sorry

We've just got to win games, there is nothing the press can do or say if we keep winning. The players and staff within the club pay very little attention to what they say anyway, they know the press have the agenda of selling papers so take it all with a pinch of salt, it is only us, the fans, that get so worked up about it.

In terms of ref's decisions going against us I've been as fuming as the rest of you recently, retrospective ban for Balotelli's "stamp", the nonsense penalty at Liverpool etc. but the worst thing we can do as fans is get on the referee's back, it will only make them want to give more against us (although I doubt that is even possible with some of the decisions we've had.)

A lot of the refs want to be stars nowadays, waving their arms around, attracting attention, getting all sun-tanned up, they think they are the stars of the show. They are that big headed I can imagine them thinking they will stuff it to us if we sing about them or make a big deal. Let's just get behind the team, forget who is in charge and back the team to three points, week in, week out, it is all we can do as fans, and getting the FA and the ref's back up will IMO only make things worse

If city didnt win another trophy for the rest of my life, I'd still support them! Fuck United who cares what their shitty fans do!!

daveduke67 said:
Having fun reading the posts on here? Good for you.

Don't read too much into the negativity being shown - many Blues are still confident we will go on to clinch the title. And many Blues will still be supporting their team next season come what may.

One things for sure, whichever one of wins the other teams fans will be pissed off. The difference is if it's us that loses we will all be there next season, behind the team and supporting them as we have done for many years through thick and thin. Will united be able to say the same?

If united end up trophyless it will have a massive impact on the club as the fickle fan deserts the team they 'support' from hundreds or thousands of miles away. For a club that needs to win and relies on income from merchandising and corporate clients just to balance the books, not maintaining winning ways is unthinkable.

Mufc need prize money and the revenue from people who like to be seen as part of a winning team. Lose than winning part and these cash cows will desert you faster than an Italian captain on a sinking ship. Your history will mean nothing to them - bringing corporate clients to see a club that used to win things will not work. Walking around the streets of Asia in a PL runners up shirt won't be so cool - wearing a City shirt will though.

There's no way that united will go bump - there'll always be someone who'd buy them and keep them afloat. But they won't be able to do a City or Chelsea and just pump money in - not if they want to play in Europe anyway.

What a shame the Glazers wouldn't sell a few years ago - all that money that could have been spent on players is still being creamed off to pay interest and line their pockets. Just think if one of your chums from Quatar could have done a Sheik Mansour and piled cash into the club like there was no tomorrow.

There's a chance that united could win the Europa League, but as your fans kept telling us when we were in it, it's a shit competition and not worth winning. It doesn't bring in anywhere near as much cash as the CL does and will your corporate clients be happy bringing their clients to 'Old Trafford - home of the Europa champions' - especially when the new PL champs are a ten minute chauffeur drive away.

So City want to win the PL - united have to.

Who's the pressure on?

I admire your patriotism mate. But to be fair, what you say is largely bollocks.

United's following and revenue streams, fickle though they may be, are not so fickle as to evaporate after one trophyless season. They have failed to win the league once or twice before you know!

We on the other hand are impatient. We crave success and we need to vastly ramp up our revenues to have any hope of meeting FFPR. A trophyless season could well see our manager out on his ear and another year or two of "rebuilding" that we could well do without.

And the patience of a saint would be tested even further with yet more buckets of cash needed and nothing to show for it again.

I am glad we are in the position we are in, but it's nothing like as one-sided as you suggest. Both clubs desperately need to win the league.

all we have to do is win at home and start taking points away and we will be ok
we will win the prem at home to the rags!!!!!!!!
and i'll even pop into mary dee's for one that day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chippy_boy said:
daveduke67 said:
Having fun reading the posts on here? Good for you.

Don't read too much into the negativity being shown - many Blues are still confident we will go on to clinch the title. And many Blues will still be supporting their team next season come what may.

One things for sure, whichever one of wins the other teams fans will be pissed off. The difference is if it's us that loses we will all be there next season, behind the team and supporting them as we have done for many years through thick and thin. Will united be able to say the same?

If united end up trophyless it will have a massive impact on the club as the fickle fan deserts the team they 'support' from hundreds or thousands of miles away. For a club that needs to win and relies on income from merchandising and corporate clients just to balance the books, not maintaining winning ways is unthinkable.

Mufc need prize money and the revenue from people who like to be seen as part of a winning team. Lose than winning part and these cash cows will desert you faster than an Italian captain on a sinking ship. Your history will mean nothing to them - bringing corporate clients to see a club that used to win things will not work. Walking around the streets of Asia in a PL runners up shirt won't be so cool - wearing a City shirt will though.

There's no way that united will go bump - there'll always be someone who'd buy them and keep them afloat. But they won't be able to do a City or Chelsea and just pump money in - not if they want to play in Europe anyway.

What a shame the Glazers wouldn't sell a few years ago - all that money that could have been spent on players is still being creamed off to pay interest and line their pockets. Just think if one of your chums from Quatar could have done a Sheik Mansour and piled cash into the club like there was no tomorrow.

There's a chance that united could win the Europa League, but as your fans kept telling us when we were in it, it's a shit competition and not worth winning. It doesn't bring in anywhere near as much cash as the CL does and will your corporate clients be happy bringing their clients to 'Old Trafford - home of the Europa champions' - especially when the new PL champs are a ten minute chauffeur drive away.

So City want to win the PL - united have to.

Who's the pressure on?

I admire your patriotism mate. But to be fair, what you say is largely bollocks.

United's following and revenue streams, fickle though they may be, are not so fickle as to evaporate after one trophyless season. They have failed to win the league once or twice before you know!

We on the other hand are impatient. We crave success and we need to vastly ramp up our revenues to have any hope of meeting FFPR. A trophyless season could well see our manager out on his ear and another year or two of "rebuilding" that we could well do without.

And the patience of a saint would be tested even further with yet more buckets of cash needed and nothing to show for it again.

I am glad we are in the position we are in, but it's nothing like as one-sided as you suggest. Both clubs desperately need to win the league.

It won't be one season but if its more than a couple of years I think they will have a significant problem. You don't think that those guys in the executve boxes give a stuff about united do you - all they want is to take their wealthy potential or existing clients to see a winning team. Would Audi be prepared to pay as much to be associated with the PL fourth place club in a few years? When the shirt sponsorship comes up for renewal how much less would be on the table to a team who are in with a great shout of winning the Europa and are aiming to get back in to the CL next season?

I look forward to seeing how much uniteds income drops this season thanks to their short FA Cup run, elimination from the CL, poor cup game attendances and not having another Ronaldo to sell. They can't go on like that for long surely?

Our owners don't need the income to keep the club turning over - united do. Their owners can't pull them out of financial trouble as ours could - at the expense of Europe admitedly.

We have pumped a load of cash in at the last minute. We still have a lot to do to get the books balanced but I'm sure that is all in hand. United won't be able to do that to strengthen their squad without a huge income increase - which would only come from more success - the lack of which is neccessitating the rebuilding plan.

I know they won't suddenly fail overnight, but I can't see them maintaining their stranglehold on the domestic front as they have done for the last 20 years. A stranglehold that has funded their ongoing success. As that grip slips the ability to fund a fightback as they could have done previously will too.

I still stand by my view - we want to, they have to.

dom said:

Sorry

1 Man City 23 41 54
2 Man Utd 23 35 54
3 Tottenham 23 19 49
4 Chelsea 23 15 42

Nothing won or lost yet but if that sight doesnt give you a reason to believe I can do nothing more for you mate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.