Luton Town (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

It was little old Luton who committed the foul on a big bad City player. The other way round and Foden would've been on his way
Looked nothing at the time but replays and slow Mo show it was a shocker, how they looked at it again and again and came to that conclusion is mind boggling (unless you had an ulterior motive/money on an upset)

I think the ref did play advantage for Brown’s foul on Walker, as the linesman was waving his flag furiously.

None of that negates the incompetence of the ref in not sending off Brown for his two-footed, off the ground, “tackle” on Foden, which could have ended his season and career!

I agree with other posters…How does Howard Webb justify that challenge not even being a yellow card, let alone a red?! In the meantime, kick a ball 5 yds away back to where the foul was actually committed and it’s an automatic yellow or, in the case of Rodri, dare challenge a player from the side and catch him!

In complete inconsistency between often reckless and violent challenges and the bullshit “technical” fouls is ridiculous. Players are getting more yellows for the technical stuff than the poor fouls these days, while some players are getting kicked to death and having to constantly play through injuries!
I'm sure a full official apology is in the post as we speak.

On reflection it was a good performance against Luton yes people say it's only Luton but they have given all the top teams a good game and have not been hammered once, every game against the top clubs is like a cup final to them so they have that extra bit of energy and why not they will be in all likelihoods be relegated and never get to the PL again

Im quite impressed by their manager, not that he has any great tactical innovation but he's created something better than the sum of its parts and every player seemed to know exactly what their job was. Think he might end up coaching in the Premier League next year even if Luton go down.

The score is 2-1 to City but Luton are still making a fight of it and are well and truly "in" the game.

Red card with 20mins to go more often than not kills the game and City roll on to win at least 2-1.

It's that match manipulation again hidden behind a veil of (consistent) inconsistency.
Compare the way our game was reffed and the Dipper game. Red card on seventy odd minutes and LiVARpool have twenty mins to turn one point into three. I bet a pound to a fuckin' farthing that next weekend Ayew would have had the freedom of The Etihad without the slightest chance of getting any sanction had he not been given a one matcher!

Just watched the foul on Phil again on Sky News with the supremely "competent" Dermot Gallagher offering his view. It was all going so well with DG saying it was a red card but then he offered a "but he didn't touch Foden" despite the clear photographic evidence showing contact on Phil's leg.
If these people are shown images that clearly, without any room for doubt, are in conflict with what they propogate as their considered view (presumably after they have seen the "tackle" a few times) then we are in trouble.
As for the foul throws, JG sailed a bit close to the wind with his throw ins and was IMO eventually correctly penalised, as for Bernardo, never ever was that a foul throw either at that level or at the bobbins level I used to frequent.
Football is poorly served by officials compared to other sports but, in their defence, I would say in what other sports do players seemingly take some sort of pride in attempting to cheat them and their fellow professionals.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.