Luton Town (A) - Sun 10th Dec, 14:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think so too.

I understand that people are downcast at the minute, but we have played some good teams and we should have way too much for Luton.

Their ground is small and they are using that to their advantage, but they are coming off a tough game and loss in the week so i don't think they'll be relishing playing us.
Barkley played well in the games against the dippers and the arse so we have to keep him quiet.

I'd play a compact formation but try to get some crosses in the box because they seem to struggle with those.

Ederson

Walker
Stones
Dias
Ake

Nunes
Rodri
Kovacic

Foden
Haaland (3)
Grealish (1)

4-0 to us.
That midfield is a country mile better than the one that started the last game

City and Luton

The two met several times during the 1950/60s.

On one occasion in 1958 the City returning football special ran into the back of another train at Chinley fortunately with no deaths and only 8 injuries.

In many of these matches Trautmann at Luton had a rare difficulty with crosses from. Billy Bingham the Luton winger. I suspected it was because of the low slung, poor quality of the floodlights.

Years later Bingham was NI manager and I sat next to him on a flight from Manchester to Belfast when he confirmed that he flighted his crosses deliberately.

Of course the most famous encounter was the. called off Match after Denis Law had scored 6 for city with the “replay” at Luton ending in a 3-1 City defeat Was at the 1961 first but could not make first but could not make the second. The rags had a replay against Sheffield Wednesday on the evening of the second and lost it 7-2. To give me a little consolation.

��3K�

The actual pitch size is longer and wider than Fulhams and as long as a few others including Liverpool.
It is 2m narrower than all but Fulham and supporters and hoardings are very close to the pitch side.
The pitch may be okay but there's hardly any room past the touchlines. I've been there a few times over the years and the dugouts and stands are really close to the pitch.

That midfield is a country mile better than the one that started the last game
Yeah, we need to dig in on Sunday, just keep it tight and don't give them, especially Barkley, any time on the ball.
We need to treat it like a cup tie as their crowd will be well up for it, so we need to be ready.

Yeah, we need to dig in on Sunday, just keep it tight and don't give them, especially Barkley, any time on the ball.
We need to treat it like a cup tie as their crowd will be well up for it, so we need to be ready.
They will smell blood and if we're not at it again we'll get an almighty shock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.