Luton Town (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

What a game for all this season's new signings. They've all had their own challenges this season, but every single one of them looks like they're adapting to what Pep and the team needs from them. Kova's control and Doku's decision making much, much improved.

Rest for those who needed it, minutes for those who needed them.

Only downside is another fucking soft and silly goal.

Another game with very good signs. Players on the periphery are turning up in recent games. Gvardiol, Kovacic, Doku even.

Asked me a month if I think we could challenge in competitions and I thought we were well off it. Pep seems to have managed to get them to move up a gear with potentially 10 games or so to go now.
Doku has had some really good games recently after a dip. I thought he was great against Newcastle in the cup, Villa at home and now this game.

This is a huge week now and a few players rested with Walker back too.

This just confirms that Pep knows exactly what he is doing when he requests which players to buy.
He improves each player that we buy.
Again he obviously saw something with Gvardiol who now is getting better each week.
Same with previous buys such as Grealish. Both have been subject to the boo boys.
Once they understand what pep wants they become an integral part of the squad.
In fact the more I see Gvardiol the more I think maybe pep has him earmarked for the midfield in coming seasons.
Carry on pep!
Alvarez seems to be the latest boo bouly target on here

Game of the day on sky sports used to be the biggest scoring game of the day, regardless of league positions or significance.
Then we turned up and rewrote the script, all of a sudden when we would win by a cricket score or be involved in high scoring games it'd be overlooked for a scrappy one nil win by the rag mardarse clubs.
So today, a thumping 5-1 win to take the champions back to the top of the league didn't register with sky sports as it would upset the red cartel pricks who follow them and subscribe to softarse TV, instead we get treated to Forest v Wolves.

Go and fuck yourselves you anti city cunts.

Tough in parts but overall a very good win. The old problems reared its head again with not killing teams and giving away soft chances but the positives outweighs the negatives.

Won

Haaland scores and worked hard despite it still not quite happening for him.

Gvardiol and kova looking the part

Doku is a trier and has something we can work with.

Kev also passed the ball really well at times.

Nunes? Still very early but looks lethargic.
Alvarez? Either is fucked or peaked? Proper question marks next season.

Some parts of that game summed our season up.

Overall, as pep said it’s a privilege to be in this position again.

Carry on city.

Job done today. Let's hope Palace have it in them for a draw. A point helps Palace. Surely they would settle for one point. Newcastle did Villa a huge favor today. Villa could go up a point on Spurs with a draw. Liverpool's form seems to be falling off. Its crunch time! We seem to be finding another gear at the right time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.