Ake
Kovacic
De Bruyne
Bobb
Alvarez
Doku
Haaland

Subject to injuries.

Rodri will sit this out I reckon, and possibly do the same in the FA Cup.

Unfortunately a heavily rotated squad (particularly bringing in the weaker players) will likely lead to us dropping points in the league when we have no wriggle room.

I don't know what the solution is re. Rodri as, although he looks like he needs a rest, history tells us we can't win when he doesn't play.

I get why some people think Grealish needs a rest but he started every game in the run-in last season. He can do it and I bet he'll be telling Pep that. We look much more stable when he plays so hopefully he can repeat for the team what he did last season.
It's simply not worth risking Grealish, Stones and Rodri, if we can't beat Luton at home without them then we don't deserve to retain our title, tbh our summer transfer business was mid and the reason why our squad is unbalanced, our back up for Rodri was Kalvin Phillips and Kovacic.

Tick over training for Rodders until Monday.

Home with the kids on Saturday.

A full physical, emotional and mental chill out !!

Same for Phil,John & Bernard.

Let Ricco,Bobby, Nunes, Julian & Kovacic take up the strain.
I wouldn't wish looking after someone's else's kid(s) on anyone, especially on our star player who needs to be resting not babysitting brats.

Ederson
Walker
Dias
Akanji
Ake
Kovacic
De Bruyne
Bobb
Alvarez
Doku
Haaland

Subject to injuries.

Rodri will sit this out I reckon, and possibly do the same in the FA Cup.

havnt seen any news to suggest either Walker or Ake will be back?

be interesting to see who plays in goal
stones seemed to be struggling at the end of Madrid, Gvardiol wasn’t fully fit before

I think
Ederson or Ortego
lewis akanji Dias Gvardiol?
KDB kovacic nunes
bobb Alvarez doku

i doubt Pep plays this as too many changes but ideally Foden, Rodri, silva, grealish haaland are rested for next Weds

I think we will see minimal rotation.

If Rodri is going to be rested (and he really needs a break) then I don’t think the likes of Grealish will be rested, for example. Pep can’t start taking away 2-3 crucial cogs to the team at one time IMO.

It might be Luton but it’s must-win if we’re to have any chance of winning the League.

I’d go with Rodri and Stones to be rested, KDB to come back in with Kovacic, so might see Phil on the bench after the dead leg. Might see Rico back in as well…but aside from that it might be a similar line up to Madrid.

Ideally have the game wrapped up in an hour and rotate more at this point.

Start our strongest possible 11 or thereabouts, and get the job done early. Then think about rotating. No reason we couldn't be 2 or 3 up at half time.
That’s a bad idea. If we make say 6 changes for example (I actually think it might be 7), then with the 5 subs during the game we are actually able to give rest to the entire starting 11.

But if you make next to no changes, we can only rest a maximum of 5 if we use all subs. Pretty much everyone needs the rest, so it’ll be 5 changes at an absolute minimum, but I think probably 7 coming in (Ederson, Rico, Nunes, KDB, Doku, Bobb, Alvarez)

I think we will see minimal rotation.

If Rodri is going to be rested (and he really needs a break) then I don’t think the likes of Grealish will be rested, for example. Pep can’t start taking away 2-3 crucial cogs to the team at one time IMO.

It might be Luton but it’s must-win if we’re to have any chance of winning the League.

I’d go with Rodri and Stones to be rested, KDB to come back in with Kovacic, so might see Phil on the bench after the dead leg. Might see Rico back in as well…but aside from that it might be a similar line up to Madrid.

Ideally have the game wrapped up in an hour and rotate more at this point.
Agree. Won't be much rotation this weekend. If Walker and Ederson are fit they'll likely start to get them ready for Madrid. I think Rodri starts and ideally gets subbed off after the game is put away.

I know we'd all like to rest the big names but we can't afford to drop any points to Luton or our PL title chances are finished. Put them away in the first half and then get Rodri/KDB/Haaland off.

Likely Grealish, Bernardo, Stones, and Foden get rested but it's tricky. GD matters too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.