Luton Town

Bovril

I have never liked Luton ever since standing in the Kippax when that last minute goal went in to send us down but I think they have been served a travesty of justice this year. With Manure being so much in debt amongst others its unfair to detuct the lower teams points (especially 30 what chance did they have). The FA/FL should look at this daft rule even more so in the current financial climate.

It is bollocks, what has happened to Luton. It is a disgrace.

I said this when it first happened. It was a disgrace.

And making them play with -30 points was just an added insult. They may as well have relegated them immediately, but instead they decided to force their players and fans to turn up for a full season of effectively meaningless league games. They never stood a chance. So a club that is in deep financial shit has just basically wasted a year's worth of wages in a league they couldn't possibly have survived in. A fucking genius idea.

the first penalty of 10 points was just,they broke the rules and paid a 3rd party agent, ''if you cant do the time dont comit the crime''
the second penalty of 20 points imo was harsh but however these are the rules and are clearly stated

Do the people who broke the rules still have anything whatsoever to do with the club?

I'm not saying they shouldn't have been punished, but 30 points is ridiculous. Make it 15/20 points and at least give them a fighting chance of staying up.

Although in the rags' case, the original 30-point punishment would need to be upped to 60.

Dubai Blue said:
Do the people who broke the rules still have anything whatsoever to do with the club?

I'm not saying they shouldn't have been punished, but 30 points is ridiculous. Make it 15/20 points and at least give them a fighting chance of staying up.

Although in the rags' case, the original 30-point punishment would need to be upped to 60.
this is a clasic get out,as a normal buisiness goes to the wall the owner is made bankrupt but however re opens and puts the buisiness under new directorship 'his wife or son'
the bottom line is they broke the rules so got punished but what i think people are getting at here is the fans and yes they have been shit on from a great hight

I a just glad it was Luton it happened to.

Of course if you change the owners etc the punnishment still applies, otherwise everyone could get away with it by doing the same.

Rotheram got deducted 17 points, if it had been 30 they would have still stayed up.

If Luton had been relegated as punnishment, there would be nothing to stop the BSP also deducting points or even relegating them again e.g. Boston Utd, as that league has its own rules.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.