MacDonald Mariga Part Deux

Was a blessing in disguise not getting him in the long term really, we ended up with Yaya Toure who is an all round better player imo.

edgecroft said:
Mariga.jpg

You all remember the MacDonald Mariga saga from the January transfer window. Kenyan international, midfielder, playing for Parma. Roberto Mancini identifies him as a target for our club, negotiatons made, contracts drawn up, on his way to Manchester,the entire country of Kenya is thrilled to see the first Kenyan play in the Premier League (being a former British colony and mad for the PL) - EXCEPT he's unable to obtain a work permit from the British government. We appeal, we lose on the last day of the window and time is running out.

Suddenly, he signs for Mancini's old club, Inter, in the last hours of the transfer window. Next day, he gets his British work permit, but its already too late for us.

My theory at the time was that Mancini thought, 'Right, I don't want to lose this kid for good even though I can't get him here in this window' so he called his friends at Inter and asked them to do him a favour and sign him up and safe keep him until the end of the season and we'd take him back from them. Sort of an unusual loan agreement where we didn't yet own him to loan him. I dont think that Inter ended up using him very much.

Does this scenario sound plausible? Might the young man be wearing sky blue very soon? Perhaps we'll hear something in the days after the Champions League final is over.

seen this lad play last night and he's exactly the same as yaya so that throws your theory out of the window shame we did'nt get him in jan though im 100% he would have helped us get 4th just what we lacked in midfield last season

Too early for me to judge at Inter, but he looked promising enough at Parma in a poor team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.