Maine Rd Ground picture

I'll have a go too

mbo2oi.jpg

Blue Trucker 69 said:
Does anyone remember the wide angle pictures of Maine Rd(in an oblong frame) been told theres one of Eastlands too.Anybody set up a link so I could get them.Tried all over the place but to no avail.Help appreciated.Thanks BT69
Loads, search for panorama like http://lmgtfy.com/?q=panorama+city+of+manchester+stadium and you get results like http://img116.imageshack.us/f/mancitypanoramacl2.jpg/ (which is too big for BM's 800 pixels limit) when you click on images top left.

DiscoSteve said:
not bad at all :-)

just need to adjust the grey/sepia balance before you start

oh and add some players on the pitch ;-)
it was half-time

I can't post the image and there are copyright issues, but if you've got access to a copy of my book "Manchester A Football History" you can see on page 186 a genuine aerial photo of Maine Road with almost 70,000 fans there.

The photo is from City V Sheff Wed, 1934 and is viewed from a similar angle to the empty photo earlier in this thread.

As well as fans packed on to the terraces it also shows others behind the terracing making their way to/from bars/toilets etc.

The streets are empty with only the odd vehicle to be seen (no people). It's a great image.

Gary James said:
I can't post the image and there are copyright issues, but if you've got access to a copy of my book "Manchester A Football History" you can see on page 186 a genuine aerial photo of Maine Road with almost 70,000 fans there.

The photo is from City V Sheff Wed, 1934 and is viewed from a similar angle to the empty photo earlier in this thread.

As well as fans packed on to the terraces it also shows others behind the terracing making their way to/from bars/toilets etc.

The streets are empty with only the odd vehicle to be seen (no people). It's a great image.
Just had a look at that & Maine Rd looks awesome,very similar to 100%Mancs effort.

If you go on YouTube and type in man city v Charlton..there is awesome footage of the kippax singing loud and proud..breathtakingly beautiful.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.