Maine Road F.C.s Biggest Game For Four Years

Blue Lloyd said:
Seriously tempted to stroll down and watch this tomorrow.

It would be really good to see you down there. I'm Dave, you'll see me writing notes for the match report. I'll be in The Leaky Creaky Stand - Upper! (the larger of the two), so make yourself known. Like any replayed match, I'm not sure we are going to get the crowd we had for the abandoned game...we had queues at the turnstile for God's sake!

matrix said:
Good luck to maine road fc, a club that's always willing to give young players a chance.

..thanks!

Our fixtures to the end of the season are:
21.04.12 Norton (H)
23.04.12 Bootle (H)
25.04.12 St Helens (A)
26.04.12 Silsden (Keighley)(A)
28.04.12 Runcorn Linnets (H)
30.04.12 Winsford (A)

Possible Challenge Cup Final 03.05.2012 v Bacup at Curzon Ashton

..ridiculous! We are certainly going to have to give our even younger players a chance to get through that lot!!

djm68 said:
Blue Lloyd said:

It would be really good to see you down there. I'm Dave, you'll see me writing notes for the match report. I'll be in The Leaky Creaky Stand - Upper! (the larger of the two), so make yourself known. Like any replayed match, I'm not sure we are going to get the crowd we had for the abandoned game...we had queues at the turnstile for God's sake!

matrix said:
Good luck to maine road fc, a club that's always willing to give young players a chance.

..thanks!

21.04.12 Norton (H)
23.04.12 Bootle (H)
25.04.12 St Helens (A)
30.04.12 Winsford (A)

..ridiculous! We are certainly going to have to give our even younger players a chance to get through that lot!!

6 games in 10 days??????????
Dave, are you registered to play just in case fatigue sets in???

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
djm68 said:
Blue Lloyd said:

matrix said:

..thanks!

21.04.12 Norton (H)
23.04.12 Bootle (H)
25.04.12 St Helens (A)
30.04.12 Winsford (A)

Norton's run in as of the 14th was...

April 2012

Sat 14th
Mon 16th
Wed 18th
Thu 19th
Sat 21st
Mon 23rd
Tue 24rd
Wed 25th
Thu 26th
Sat 28th
Mon 30th

11 games in 16 days!

underthemoonlight said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:
djm68 said:

..thanks!

21.04.12 Norton (H)
23.04.12 Bootle (H)
25.04.12 St Helens (A)
30.04.12 Winsford (A)

Norton's run in as of the 14th was...

April 2012

Sat 14th
Mon 16th
Wed 18th
Thu 19th
Sat 21st
Mon 23rd
Tue 24rd
Wed 25th
Thu 26th
Sat 28th
Mon 30th

11 games in 16 days!

That's ridiculous......

Yeah - Got there!

From www.maineroadfc.com

Cup Glory Beckons As Road Make Final
There were no slip ups yesterday as goals by Tom Bentham and Rob Brocklehurst saw Maine Road FC build on their 2-1 lead from the first leg and cruise through to the NWCFL Challenge Cup Final. 'Cruise' may not be quite the word, as Norton put up fiesty resistence at times and as is often the case in semi-finals this was not a free flowing performance, but the team got there in the end. Road will play Bacup Borough in the final at Curzon Ashton's ground on Thursday, May 3rd. Be there!

Action from the game can be viewed via this link:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZ1BA9W_0ZE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZ1BA9W_0ZE</a>

Well done everyone!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.