Maine Road prints on sale now

I

I have ordered 2 off large prints , at the last minute 38 -00(approx) shipping added OK , i accepted .

I now have had a card from Parcelforce the "BORDER AGENCY" require £40--00 .

WOW did not expect this !!

I have spoken to the boarder agency , who are quite clear " you owe us £40-00 ".

Also Parcel Force state " all these charges are random ".

VERY VERY DISAPPOINTED .

NEVER AGAIN .

I have left a email with the seller , i await a reply .

Will keep you informed .

First of all my sincere apologies for the charges mentioned (Ladybarn Blue and SimonK). I'm concerned that the only response Parcelforce gave you was that "all these charges are random", clearly that doesn't give you or me much to go on.

If Parcelforce / Post Office are charging you, then those charges are coming directly from those companies. It's not something i have any say in or control over and I certainly don't see any of that money either.

As i understood it Customs Duty and Import VAT is calculated in the following way (as it would be for most purchases outside of UK) - http://customs.hmrc.gov.uk/channels...Travel_ShowContent&id=HMCE_CL_000014#P26_2848

Unfortunately I don't have access to any more information regarding these charges, as they are applied by the companies mentioned (not me). Whats strange is that other people have received their prints with no additional charges, which i know is of no comfort to you but suggests the issue rests with the handlers themselves i.e. Parcelforce / Post Office.

Miniboro ,

As i said parcel force said " these charges are random" no ryme or reason !!

The boarder agency said" they know they come from the USA so that is why they charge anything above £15-00 .

Also your web site is misleading about "free postage" as it indicated at the time , you only found out about the postage charge was limited at the end of the process .

Please advise or PM me .

The free postage related to the standard shipping charges from the Society6 website, which were indeed waived, so I would disagree that was misleading.

There is also clear information on the site here - <a class="postlink" href="http://society6.com/help/faq" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://society6.com/help/faq</a> - under the heading International Shipping.

The charge for goods above £15 (HM Revenue and Customs) is explained in the link i previously posted and is not something that is exclusive to my site. It applies to all goods bought from outside the UK. It is government policy, again not something i have any control over.

I am genuinely sorry that you have been charged by Parecelforce but if their official explanation is "theses charges are random", then i cant see how that qualifies them to ask you for money. They must be able to quantify it in some way, else its just a license to print money.

Unfortunately, this matter will have to be taken up with either Parcelforce or HMRC, I'm sorry I cant offer a better alternative but these charges have not originated from myself.

I did have a bit of a dig around for you, and it seems Parcelforce have a bit of a reputation for this kind of thing, the following link may offer some helpful leads for you - http://psych0naut.livejournal.com/36270.html

Thank you for your most detailed reply .

To clarify Parcel Force comments where about the boarder agency .

I have the card similiar to the one on your link .

Also i confirm i did speak to the boarder agency who are the ones demanding the £40-00.

I am happier now .

Good luck to you , i will pay the £40-00 and enjoy the prints .

I will contact you again when i recieve the prints .

No problem, i'm just sorry i wasn't able to help further.
I really do hope you can get it sorted and that you are able to enjoy the prints.

Id still rather not pay the extra.
Is ther any way of arguing it?
It all seems very arbitrary
I think I paid 26 dollars - so £16 odd
Another £11 changes it from a fair price to one I wouldnt have paid

Ive sent the info to the email address detailed

They hold it for 18 days - and I got the card on the 2nd Nov

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.