Maine Road,

they always have excuses as to why.

They do it for united games mind you.
The tram I was on from Piccadilly was only two carriages and rammed packed. Always the case on match day. Surely an accident waiting to happen. Needs sorting as elderly folk not good on their feet have no option than stand up like sardines in a tin.

I stood or should I say sat on a crash barrier for the ECWC semi v Chelsea it was about my 4/5 game I think this was the first game it was open?

I don't remember a roof on it at that time and seem to remember it was unfinished at ground level as well.

The seats would have gone in around 1974 or so.

Cheers for the reply, in 1974 I was 16 and would fit in with my memory BUT........... despite searching on the internet and getting nothing I tried again, low and behold it directed me to an article in BM's history section where I took the below from..

In 1971 the original Scoreboard End was demolished and replaced by a new cantilever stand. Initially the stand was terracing, but after a year the management decided to turn this stand into a seated stand, and the North Stand was born.

So I was 12 when it was an open terrace, 13 when it was covered and 14 when they put seats in. If only I had looked on BM's history page first !

As in the roof on first seats added later ? My poor memory is telling me that the vocal part of the Kipax was there because it had a roof and you could stand, the Platt Lane was seated so that was a no no and the Scoreboard end/North Stand was standing but no roof. We were the only top flight team not to have a home end for that reason but in 19** they all shifted into the North Stand despite the lack of roof, a year later Swales built the North Stand and the vocal lads moved back. Perhaps I am wrong, I was 16 (about) at the time.
the concrete base of the North stand was original I always thought and a roof was added and seats added........When I was a Kippax lad 1975 onwards there were seats in the North stand and a roof. Away fans were in the kippax too. (Platt lane end of the Kippax.)

The singers/lads were in the Kippax. When the New KIPPAX was built the North stand became the focal point ( away fans were now in the North stand)

I'd love to go back to Maine road with all my mates.the climb up the kippax steps and take our place at the back next to the away fans.what an incredible atmosphere it was at times. Officer Dibble take a bow sir.

The tram I was on from Piccadilly was only two carriages and rammed packed. Always the case on match day. Surely an accident waiting to happen. Needs sorting as elderly folk not good on their feet have no option than stand up like sardines in a tin.
I must of been on the same one, straight aft the whistle. Every fucker knew it would be two carriages, as always. And we wernt let down. What is it with these thick ****s who run this set up.

I must of been on the same one, straight aft the whistle. Every fucker knew it would be two carriages, as always. And we wernt let down. What is it with these thick ****s who run this set up.

Can I suggest you answered your own question with the word thick followed by asterisks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.