Making plans for Nigel

bizzbo said:
are you seriously suggesting that either micah or richard are undroppable?

personally i hope kompany plays at dm alongside de jong, they are a nice match, one tall and technical, the other short and quick.

micah is gonna play rb for a while unless i am very much mistaken. zab is now in contention for two positions or could play rm in a 4-4-2. no problem, how often do we ever get to field our first choice team?

im sure at least one cb will join before the window closes

Not undroppable no, certainly not. I just don't think Hughes will drop either of them at this moment in time. Although if we're still looking good defensively when Dunne returns from his ban I expect he'll find it difficult to get back in the team.

-------------------Hart-----------------
--Richards--Kompany--Onouha--Bridge--
----------De Jong------Zabaleta--------
----SWP---------Ireland------Robinho----
----------------Bellamy-----------------

Why people are dropping the back 4 that gave us the best defense display i don't know. Also why people aren't including zabaleta in midfield also is quite shocking after his performance against wigan. This should be played gives the steel in midfield and the attacking flair....

Blankomania said:

Why people are dropping the back 4 that gave us the best defense display i don't know. Also why people aren't including zabaleta in midfield also is quite shocking after his performance against wigan. This should be played gives the steel in midfield and the attacking flair....

I reckon Hughes knew last Saturday that he'd be signing De Jong and put Zabaleta in midfield to see how the team would shape up with two defensive midfielders. Problem is, Zabaleta played so well that it'll be difficult to move him back into defense in the Newcastle game.

Our manager actually has a selection headache. How long has it been since we've been able to say that?

Blue Dan said:
Blankomania said:

I reckon Hughes knew last Saturday that he'd be signing De Jong and put Zabaleta in midfield to see how the team would shape up with two defensive midfielders. Problem is, Zabaleta played so well that it'll be difficult to move him back into defense in the Newcastle game.

Our manager actually has a selection headache. How long has it been since we've been able to say that?

Yeah but we do look so much better at the back with kompany, against schalke as well he was good. Thats why i thought he should stay there. That would leave only zabaleta to play the second holding midfield role....

Blankomania said:
Blue Dan said:

Yeah but we do look so much better at the back with kompany, against schalke as well he was good. Thats why i thought he should stay there. That would leave only zabaleta to play the second holding midfield role....

Makes sense.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.