Malcolm Allison tributes at COMS

Roger Ringpiece

Got to say I went past the memorial garden at COMS last night and found it utterly embarrassing at the pitiful amount of tributes left for a man we all recognise as the greatest coach we have ever had, literally a few (20?) floral tributes, a couple of scarves and about 5 shirts. Really did feel let down given its a week now since his passing and find it very very sad that so few have made an effort for a man who has played such a huge part in the most successful part of our history, particulary after the size of the tributes made a few years ago for MVF who was only on loan to us for one season.

For the record I left a card.

Roger Ringpiece said:
Got to say I went past the memorial garden at COMS last night and found it utterly embarrassing at the pitiful amount of tributes left for a man we all recognise as the greatest coach we have ever had, literally a few (20?) floral tributes, a couple of scarves and about 5 shirts. Really did feel let down given its a week now since his passing and find it very very sad that so few have made an effort for a man who has played such a huge part in the most successful part of our history, particulary after the size of the tributes made a few years ago for MVF who was only on loan to us for one season.

For the record I left a card.
Roger,

Please see my request on here for the Our tribute on Sunday, I have asked fans to bring a scarf to hang from the tiers, lets get this fu@king sorted, we do stuff the best, the club have a service arranged from their side lets sort something from us the fans. Please read my post and lets get it going.

We aren't all from the Princes Di sentimental generation. We don't all feel the need to display our sadness with public displays of football shirts at the ground etc.

You have to be middle-aged at least to remember Big Mal at Maine Rd. I am middle-aged. I'm sad that Mal has died but he was an old man and it isn't a tragedy. I'm grateful for what he did for City and I'll pay my respects on Sunday with the rest of the crowd.

This was done by us blues (and fans if other clubs!) for a bloke who played for us for a matter of months:
qs2h5v.jpg

There literally was 4 shirts, 20 lots of flowers and a few cards for one often most important men in Manchester City's history! I think it's a total disgrace!

Danburge82, you are making a false comparison.

MVF was young man who died in tragic circumstances. That's what all the tributes were for.

Ken Barnes died recently. He was a true City hero of the 50s. George Heslop died a few years ago. He won the league with City. There weren't many flowers and shirts outside the ground for them.

urmston said:
We aren't all from the Princes Di sentimental generation. We don't all feel the need to display our sadness with public displays of football shirts at the ground etc.

You have to be middle-aged at least to remember Big Mal at Maine Rd. I am middle-aged. I'm sad that Mal has died but he was an old man and it isn't a tragedy. I'm grateful for what he did for City and I'll pay my respects on Sunday with the rest of the crowd.
Well said - shame these numpties think all supporters are of the same generation.

You have to understand that the younger generation of City supporters (under 30) are not as up to date with Malcolm compared with the "oldies" and, importantly, they didn't have the feeling of winning trophies with Allison. Therefore its understandable they don't feel the same sentiments you feel about Allison.

Anyway, I'm not gonna waste my time with people who come on here just to have a whinge. I'm guessing incontinence and grey hair is starting to kick in for some.

R.I.P Malcolm

I don't expect an outpouring of grief from one and all, however as I said I was shocked by the embarrassingly few tributes left there.

Now let me go find the Grecian for Men and empty my incontinence bag.....

Roger Ringpiece said:
I don't expect an outpouring of grief from one and all, however as I said I was shocked by the embarrassingly few tributes left there.

Now let me go find the Grecian for Men and empty my incontinence bag.....
Now we all know why half the time we can't get any ideas off the ground with half the fans on here. Once again people shot down in flames when an idea is born.
At least I and others agree with you Roger.

I also agree that it is a disgrace only hope that this Sunday's memorial in City Square brings it home to what a man Malcolm was in our history.

For those too young to remember - sorry but shame on you - Manchester City weren't formed yesterday, if you only do one piece of homework, learn about the club and its history. You may see why us "old" brigade are still here even after 34 years trophyless.

*Rant over*

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.