Malcolm Allison

Gary James

13 years ago today Malcolm died:

Many of us remember and talk about his second spell at City but it would be great if we could hear the views of those who were adults when he first arrived with Joe in 1965. How did it actually feel as City went through that glorious era?

I was in my 20’s when Joe brought Malcolm to our club. He absolutely transformed the team and the way we played. For me he was a legend and will never be forgotten. Loved his winding up of the rags, aided and abetted by that other famous rag hater Mike Doyle. Left a message in the book of condolences at the Etihad when his funeral took place. Loved the big guy.

Was probably too young to appreciate Malcolm’s training principles and tactical knowledge being under 10, but one of my favourite City moments and always will be is when he returned with Palace and ran towards us in the Kippax, arms outstretched, he absolutely loved us !

Incidentally, just read the tribute from Sir Bobby Moore, never seen it before but such lovely words from him.

A coach ahead of his time, I personally rated him highly. A strong character, who gave City fans great hope. I loved the way he belittled the rags. I can't believe it's 13years ago.
I did pay my respects when his funeral cortege passed through the Etihad.
Same here.
Met him a few times in the Fletchers Arms, the best being after the 3 - 3 draw in 1971. We ended up being included in the rounds he bought - a cheap night out!
RIP Mal.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.