malinga

Isn't it something to do with him keeping his arm straight (no bending of the elbow), therefore it isn't technically a chuck. Looks well iffy to me though; his arm must be nearly at 90 degrees to his body!!

looks almost like a baseball pitcher when he lets the ball go

Malinga the slinger.

The thing with that action is he can use his shoulder more to get the power in compared to normal bowling, I dont think he should be allowed to bowl like that.

Alanm1980 said:
Malinga the slinger.

The thing with that action is he can use his shoulder more to get the power in compared to normal bowling, I dont think he should be allowed to bowl like that.

It also has a disadvantage as it is difficult to control line. the reason why he bowls a lot of wides. Normal bowlers can control line better. I think it is perfectly legal. He may not be what he is now if he was "coached" in the right way.

keep your arm straight , keep your arm straight , keep your arm straight when you bowl............................

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.