Manchester City v Celtic post match thread

The kids at least tried to play the right way, but looked exactly like kids playing against a much stronger, fitter and experienced Celtic. Not sure what I expected to be honest. This was the easiest fixture on paper, we’ll need to improve if we want to get positive results from this tour.

Some of the younguns were poor enough but hopefully that'll just spur them on.

Thought Perrone and Bobb were good in the 2nd half.

Grealish was good in the first half.

Phillips wasn't bad but still looks way too passive to be a PL/CL player.

88 minutes it took for the commentator to stop calling ndala susoho, and he called him Hamilton instead!

All he had to do was look at his fucking shirt once for his name and number. I'm not one for throwing around race accusations, confusing 2 unfamiliar black guys with similar haircuts at a glance is a perfectly forgivable mistake to make, even doing it more than once is fine but it is hard not to think it's a race issue when he gets it wrong for the entire 45 minutes! Even when he finally realises it's not susoho in two places at once after 88 minutes, he refers to him as Hamilton, the other black kid with a similar haircut.

The other commentator did refer to an assist as a "helper" which was the first time ever hearing that and that somehow wasn't the worst thing of the night.

Last edited:
Pff men against boys. Dirty bastards! Ok going forward ,occasionally very very good. Defending obviously needs work. Meaningless in many ways but also good workout for some.

In the second half the youngsters that impressed me were Perrone and Susoho. Obviously Oscar was class.

As for Celtic, they were disgraceful. They hacked our kids down every chance they had.
I agree, Doyle and Katongo had good halves as well.

I thought Rico was the best player in the second half and it's always nice to see a bullet header from Erling.

I thought the game was decent. Defense kept too high at times and we got burned. Wilson-Esbrand got burned twice by Kuhn. An uneventful 46 minutes from Kalvin. Liked Bobb and Susoho. Also liked Perrone. On ESPN telecast, I hope I heard correctly, when they were talking about DeBruyne not going to Saudi Pro League, that he is going to be joining the team over the next few days. I've got tickets to game against Barca. Come on Kev!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.