Manchester City v Celtic post match thread

Well Celtic hardly had any players at the Euros so they’re bound to be playing more of their first team. Despite Scottisb football being dire the better teams would probably be expected to beat our kids.

Second half was a major improvement from the first and it all stemmed from Ederson with help from Doyle.

Anybody still thinking Ortega is a number 1 replacement for Ederson just needs to watch that, i think Ortega is an incredible number 2 it'a no criticism of him but it was night and day. Those "rodri is the system" quotes thrown social media of late around are wrong, it's Ederson.

From that showing alone, of all the kids not involved with the 1st team last season, Callum Doyle looks like the only one who could be of any genuine use to the first team next season. Calm, assured and seemed like he knew what he needed to do and crucially where to be at all times. Nobody else looked anywhere near capable, and that's not a dig at them, they're kids learning, you wouldn't expect many, if any to look like they can slot into the best squad in world football.

Weird that bobb and Rico played the full 90, that's basically unheard of for a first pre-season game. Cannot understand the reasoning behind that.

I thought the game was decent. Defense kept too high at times and we got burned. Wilson-Esbrand got burned twice by Kuhn. An uneventful 46 minutes from Kalvin. Liked Bobb and Susoho. Also liked Perrone. On ESPN telecast, I hope I heard correctly, when they were talking about DeBruyne not going to Saudi Pro League, that he is going to be joining the team over the next few days. I've got tickets to game against Barca. Come on Kev!
He couldn't get the name of our player right for an entire 45 minutes and also claimed ederson played all 4 games for Brazil in the copa America this summer, a tournament he missed entirely through injury hence him being on the pitch and not currently being on holiday so I wouldn't trust anything he says mate. Not official but all indications are that kdb won't join the tour.

Second half was a major improvement from the first and it all stemmed from Ederson with help from Doyle.

Anybody still thinking Ortega is a number 1 replacement for Ederson just needs to watch that, i think Ortega is an incredible number 2 it'a no criticism of him but it was night and day. Those "rodri is the system" quotes thrown social media of late around are wrong, it's Ederson.

From that showing alone, of all the kids not involved with the 1st team last season, Callum Doyle looks like the only one who could be of any genuine use to the first team next season. Calm, assured and seemed like he knew what he needed to do and crucially where to be at all times. Nobody else looked anywhere near capable, and that's not a dig at them, they're kids learning, you wouldn't expect many, if any to look like they can slot into the best squad in world football.

Weird that bobb and Rico played the full 90, that's basically unheard of for a first pre-season game. Cannot understand the reasoning behind that.
Totally agree about Éderson, be a huge loss if he goes. Doyle was excellent, there is a player in him. Bobb was excellent and must be pushing to be a first team regular this season. Liked the look of Susoho, calm and assured.

It's both. Ederson and Rodri are the two most important players in Pep's system. Ederson allows us to break the high press with his distribution and Rodri is the best DM in the world for press-resistance and build-up play.

Thanks for pointing out the importance of Ederson though - a lot of posters on BM don't seem to understand how big of a loss he'd be to our squad. I get that Ortega made a special 'season-defining save' against Son last title charge but I really think losing Ederson for an entire season would drastically damage our chances of winning a 5th in a row.

Need to keep Eddie at all costs.

Totally agree about Éderson, be a huge loss if he goes. Doyle was excellent, there is a player in him. Bobb was excellent and must be pushing to be a first team regular this season. Liked the look of Susoho, calm and assured.
I can see Bobb getting more of Bernie's minutes this season. Plays a similar role and it would make sense to start preparing Oscar to take over that role for the future.

No doubt Bobb is a nailed-on first teamer now for us. Think Susoho and Wright could have a shot at making it at City if they get good loans and keep improving.

McAtee is on the bubble as well. Not sure if he's good enough to make it here or not but wouldn't mind seeing him get a shot this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.