Manchester City v Celtic post match thread

He couldn't get the name of our player right for an entire 45 minutes and also claimed ederson played all 4 games for Brazil in the copa America this summer, a tournament he missed entirely through injury hence him being on the pitch and not currently being on holiday so I wouldn't trust anything he says mate. Not official but all indications are that kdb won't join the tour.
Its Derek Rae. He's been commentating for 25 years. Not saying he's the best. I heard him talking about Ederson but didn't hear what he was saying. DeBruyne hasn't played since July 1st. He gets held out till Barca, that's 29 days. But I get what you're saying. I'm selfish.

Second half was a major improvement from the first and it all stemmed from Ederson with help from Doyle.

Anybody still thinking Ortega is a number 1 replacement for Ederson just needs to watch that, i think Ortega is an incredible number 2 it'a no criticism of him but it was night and day. Those "rodri is the system" quotes thrown social media of late around are wrong, it's Ederson.

From that showing alone, of all the kids not involved with the 1st team last season, Callum Doyle looks like the only one who could be of any genuine use to the first team next season. Calm, assured and seemed like he knew what he needed to do and crucially where to be at all times. Nobody else looked anywhere near capable, and that's not a dig at them, they're kids learning, you wouldn't expect many, if any to look like they can slot into the best squad in world football.

Weird that bobb and Rico played the full 90, that's basically unheard of for a first pre-season game. Cannot understand the reasoning behind that.
Callum has been nothing but excellent in his extended loan spells (wasn't he player of the year at Cov?) He has real class and the games I have seen (admittedly on TV) he can really pick a pass - I was hoping we would have a team with both Doyles, MaCatee, Lewis, Palmer, Foden and Bobb in it one day...alas...

I agree, Doyle and Katongo had good halves as well.

I thought Rico was the best player in the second half and it's always nice to see a bullet header from Erling.

I thought Rico showed Phillips what Pep is expecting from that role. Take the ball on the half turn, play in the pockets & sense danger.

A superb player. Time to loan Phillips to Troyes.

They kicked fuck out of us last 15 and the ref let them.
Still decent showing for the young lads. Some valuable experience gained. More importantly game time and no injuries.
Youngsters Oscar, Peronne and McAtee were stand out Rest did OK.
Didn't expect much, it was a fitness run out.

Better than I thought tbqh, were people really expecting a defence as inexperienced as that were going to not concede a few?. Celtic way ahead in fitness as well. We'll probably lose all four of these friendlies but the experience these kids get from it will be invaluable

didnt watched the game, just now the highlights, we were playing with 3 at the back?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.