Man City Real Ales?

bluetonium

Kind of inspired by the De Niro drinks thread. As a real ale drinker, the sight of John Smiths and Fosters/Carlsberg at the stadium fills me with dread every match.

Would it be at all feasible for City to start a dialogue with a local brewer such as Hydes for a seasonal/monthly speciality ale? Would anyone else welcome this? Is the time right now to look into this?

I know storage for beer at the stadium is not the greatest, but I'm sure that exclusive beers for City with names like 'Wembley '99', 'First Ale On Mars' and 'Blue Moon Rising' would be a huge hit, giving the brewery profit and advertising and giving us fans a greater choice of beer.

Even better, whack a MCFC Beer Selection pack in the club shop and we can enjoy beer and city at any time anywhere.

Cracking idea, although I'd rather have it brewed by Joey Holts or Marble. I can imagine alot of people even if they ain't real ale drinkers trying them just for novelty really. How many people do we have out of the 44,000 city fans that drink real ale? 5-10,000? you'd probably have half that drinking on match day but its pretty viable.

bluetonium said:
Would it be at all feasible for City to start a dialogue with a local brewer such as Hydes for a seasonal/monthly speciality ale? Would anyone else welcome this? Is the time right now to look into this?

I don't actually drink but I'm all for this.... locally sourced would reduce the clubs carbon footprint (something the club seems to be bothered about)
But most importantly for me would keep local people in jobs.

Posters on here took the piss yesterday when I discussed possibly having the new City App and the website actually developed/updated in Manchester which would create/keep jobs.... I'll be taking the piss when you lose your job, wankers

Indeed!

My preferred beverage is stout but do like bitters too. I'm sure if there was just one pump at each bar in the ground with one person manning it there wouldn't be that much of a queue for it, but enough people interested for it to be viable!

The Bluemoon brand already exsists in the USA, i was drinking it recently, a very nice drink indeed, you are quite right Bluetonium i also think we are missing a trick not selling our own label ales.See description from Wiki below.

Blue Moon, a Belgian-style witbier brewed by the Molson Coors Brewing Company in Golden, Colorado, was launched in 1995. In Canada it is marketed as a similar beer called Rickard's White and is brewed in Montreal, Quebec[2]. Originally called Bellyslide Belgian White, it was created by Keith Villa, a brewer at Coors Field's Sandlot Brewery (the onsite brewery owned by the Molson Coors Brewing Company). The beer is orange-amber in color with a cloudy appearance because it is unfiltered. It is also spiced with coriander and orange peel in addition to the hops found in most beers. Blue Moon has a more pronounced orange flavor than many other beers of the style, and also has a slightly sweet flavor. The grain bill for Blue Moon includes malted barley, white wheat, and oats.

Great idea, my only problem would be that the ales probably wouldn't be looked after very well. Still though, anything's better than shit lager.

Great idea, but its never going to happen, real ale wouldn't keep between games, and so any unsold beer each week would have to be chucked away, now I've no idea how many bars there are in the ground , but if it was 25, its not impossible that all 25 would have 2/3 of a barrel left at the end of each match, that's a lot of wasted beer.

Its no coincidence that football stadiums, and other venues that attract large attendances mostly (in fact I can't think of one that doesn't) sell shit beer/lager.

Pubs are for good beer, football satdiums are for football.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.