Man city sign 18 year old ghanaian Mohammed abu.

LoveCity

Mohammed Abu signs for City and goes out on loan

Can't find a thread for this, please merge or delete if so. We even have scouts in Ghana it seems!

-

<a class="postlink" href="http://mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/2010/August/Mohammed-Abu-signs-for-City-and-goes-on-loan-to-Stromsgodset" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/2010/A ... romsgodset</a>

Manchester City has signed 18-year-old Ghanaian Mohammed Abu, who will now go on loan to Norwegian side Stromsgodset until the end of June 2011.

A dynamic, tough-tackling midfielder, Abu recently trained at the Academy and played for the Elite Development side in three pre-season games. He was spotted by the club's recruitment network playing for Sporting Club Accra, having been developed by their Right To Dream academy.

Stromsgodset's sporting director is former Norway and Sheffield United striker Jostein Flo, and Abu will now play for the Norwegian Premier League club in the town of Drammen, just outside Olso.

FantasyIreland said:
Is the loan due to work permit issues?

I know we can loan players to Belgium for these reasons but i dont know about Norway. If thats the case dont they have to spend 3 years there which would mean he would be 21 by the time hes back here.

niall_mcfc said:
FantasyIreland said:
Is the loan due to work permit issues?

I know we can loan players to Belgium for these reasons but i dont know about Norway. If thats the case dont they have to spend 3 years there which would mean he would be 21 by the time hes back here.
They have to spend 3 years in order to get a passport I believe, however if he becomes a regular international for Ghana then the work permit is easier to obtain so a 3 year wait isn't necessary.

Matty said:
niall_mcfc said:
They have to spend 3 years in order to get a passport I believe, however if he becomes a regular international for Ghana then the work permit is easier to obtain so a 3 year wait isn't necessary.
Thanks fella's,let's hope he is Essienesque!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.