Man City Surprise signing

mcfcmatt said:
I don't think we are buying the stadium.
I read that Cook was asked about this on the fans forum and he said that the rent is very sensible on a long lease so there is no need to buy the stadium and it would be better to inject cash into the actual team.

We will be buying the stadium, I doubt that is the surprise but it will happen. Im not itk or anything but it makes sense. At the moment we can't even have MCFC on the seats beacause it's classed as defacing council property, so there's no chance of upgrading our capacity in a few years when we're playing CL.

Super Ned said:
mcfcmatt said:
I don't think we are buying the stadium.
I read that Cook was asked about this on the fans forum and he said that the rent is very sensible on a long lease so there is no need to buy the stadium and it would be better to inject cash into the actual team.

We will be buying the stadium, I doubt that is the surprise but it will happen. Im not itk or anything but it makes sense. At the moment we can't even have MCFC on the seats beacause it's classed as defacing council property, so there's no chance of upgrading our capacity in a few years when we're playing CL.

Sorry pal,I like your thinking but your way off the mark! Garry Cook was asked about this at the last fans forum and he categorically said NO, the deal we have is too good it would not make sense to purchase the stadium. Also with regard to extending the capacity, this is not possible due to the nature of the roof ( same as the milleium dome by the way) I worked on the stadium during both phases of construction and managed to ask the guys erecting the roof and one of the lead architects and they both said no. It's more likely if we needed a bigger stadium we would build a new stadium than extend/purchase this one, we are buying up a lot of land in the area at the moment (supposedly for training facilities but who knows!)

I could see DV being the surprise signing, don't forget we have hardly been linked in the papers with DV for a while now. The papers have been concentrating on him being linked with Real, Chelsea, Barcelona and now the scum also. It would definitely be viewed as a surprise to most people in the game if we were to beat all of those teams off for DV's signature.

It's pretty much just on the forums where we have been hammering away at getting DV and just the occasional mention in the papers...........

United are allegdly in for Villa now...

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2009/06/26/v-for-villa-115875-21472464/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... -21472464/</a>

"Villa flew back from the Confederations Cup yesterday keen to sort out his future and United hope they can speak to him next week - or at least have the chase resolved."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.