Man City Vynl Record 1973 - Help

Crazy_Cabbie

Hi All,

I have been trying to find out about a record which was done by man city back in 1973,
It's an EMI Ireland Record, but I think it was also done by Indigo Records, that is also printed on the record
there is no proper sleeve with it

The A Side is called " ME BALLS BURST " by " THE SYNDICATE "

The B Side is called " UP THE BLUES " by " MANCHESTER CITY FOOTBALL CLUB "

I am trying to find out as much info on this record as I can,
I have e-mailed emi - No Luck
I have been lookin for ages and had no luck

I'm hoping some of you may have heard it or maybe also got a copy and can tell me things like the team that made it,and stuff like that

Heres hoping

and while I'm at it what other records have city done over the years

Cheers

C.C

...did this feature on the cover a hot babe in a tracksuit top with a ball under her arm and showing a respectable amount of cleavage?

Pretty sure I did get this single - well my mum bought it for me and I always remember being transfixed by the cleavage (hey I was at an impressionable age so sue me)

I don't remember the song although the ball bursting bit does ring a bell but that could be just me and my pubescent fantasies...

Let us know if you finally track it down and if it is the single I am thinking of and, most importantly, if my memory of the cover is accurate!

BobKowalski said:
...did this feature on the cover a hot babe in a tracksuit top with a ball under her arm and showing a respectable amount of cleavage?

Pretty sure I did get this single - well my mum bought it for me and I always remember being transfixed by the cleavage (hey I was at an impressionable age so sue me)

I don't remember the song although the ball bursting bit does ring a bell but that could be just me and my pubescent fantasies...

Let us know if you finally track it down and if it is the single I am thinking of and, most importantly, if my memory of the cover is accurate!

Dont know about the cover as this one is just in a standard EMI Sleeve ( not the Original sleeve )

at the end of the song you hear what sounds like a ball burstind, being deflated

Godley and Creme of 10cc fame did a b side (cant remember which A side though) called "Funky City".......

.........always suspected this bit of trivia might come in handy.

Crazy_Cabbie said:
Hi All,

I have been trying to find out about a record which was done by man city back in 1973,
It's an EMI Ireland Record, but I think it was also done by Indigo Records, that is also printed on the record
there is no proper sleeve with it

The A Side is called " ME BALLS BURST " by " THE SYNDICATE "

The B Side is called " UP THE BLUES " by " MANCHESTER CITY FOOTBALL CLUB "

I am trying to find out as much info on this record as I can,
I have e-mailed emi - No Luck
I have been lookin for ages and had no luck

I'm hoping some of you may have heard it or maybe also got a copy and can tell me things like the team that made it,and stuff like that

Heres hoping

and while I'm at it what other records have city done over the years

Cheers

C.C
ive got it , just dug it out - can't imagine why it wasn't a massive hit !!!!- also found another single called "we're back" by rockin' ronnie -its got a picture of the squad circa 1985 on the cover - think i got them both from ebay a couple of years ago

I think the shop is called Vinyl Exchange it's corner off London Road Piccadilly and Newton Street got loads of all City stuff in there, worth a look

i had a copy of this but my feckin dad threw away all my vinyl, football trophy's, NME's and some other cherished item's when i moved out and didn't return within the week to collect them!!! The irony of this is when he took them to the dump he probably came back with a broken CD player or lawnmower that he alway's "tried" to repair. What a tit, i'm sure you'll agree!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.